“Fun way to see the city” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Florida Ever-Glides Inc. Segway Tour - CLOSED

Florida Ever-Glides Inc. Segway Tour
Columbus, OH
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fun way to see the city”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2010

My wife and I have always wanted to try a Segway tour and finally got the opportunity to try it in Sarasota. I was surprised how quickly you we could learn to navigate the Segways...they are quite intuitive. The tour was a lot of fun. The tour guide, Tom, who is also the owner, is quite passionate about what he does. You can tell he loves his job and that resulted in a fun experience. I recommend this to anyone who wants to try something different.

7 Thank travelers1974

TheHague
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 288 helpful votes
“Ready for a nervous breakdown”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2010

I think the guide (who also happens to be the owner of the company, Bob ?) should retire from this business for his own sake. I've never seen such a nervous wreck ! Or an impatient one. Never ridden a segway before ? No problem, Bob will give you 10 minutes to learn. And then spend the next 30 minutes having a heart attack because you might possibly scratch his precious machines (its not like they're even the latest models). Eventually it became almost a game, wind up Bob and watch him explode :-) Expensive and you'd enjoy the tour more walking on two feet. Certainly not the place to take your first segway tour.

6 Thank Casualist
Chicago, Illinois
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Overpriced and disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2009

The guide we had on our tour, Bob I think was his name, was very nervous about his Segways and treated us like children. It was like taking a Segway tour with your Grandma. But then he would sometimes spin around unexpectedly to show off how good he is on the Segway like he was 12-years-old and almost hit the first person in our group. These machines are also very slow, I'm pretty sure I can walk faster than they go, and because you are just standing on them your feet fall asleep. And it is an expensive tour. I would rather walk for free. This was generally an unpleasant and pricey experience.

6 Thank LeftFork
segwaytom, owner at Florida Ever-Glides Inc. Segway Tour, responded to this review, January 5, 2010
With over 25,000 satisfied guests over almost seven years in business, this is the first negative feedback gotten. In fact, many of our guests are repeat or referral customers. We have recieved glowing reviews from the Washington Post, Southern Living, Budget Travel, U.S. News and World Report, American Airlines & Delta in-flight magazines, and over 200 newspapers around the world.

Because of the nature of our tours, we never go any faster than the slowest rider for safety reasons. Our tour guides are are trained to provide accurate and entertaining content and to always provide a safe environment for the guests. The cost for our tours, which last from 2-3 hours are very competitive nationally, and we are consistantly told it is an excellent value. We are the country's first Segway Guided Tour, and have always strived to 'set a standard' for others to achieve.

The Segway Tour is not about how fast we're going, because there are just too many interesting things to enjoy along the way. We go at a pace that is both safe and enjoyable for everyone.