“Outstanding!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We have been going here for a few years now and it is always great! Their chef always has a great variety of specials for the day and any one my family or myself has ever tried has been quite delicious. Today was exceptionally good. What prompted me to write this review today was the fact that our lunch was superb and the service was very fast and good. The Pelican salad with black grouper was great! Good seasoning; not too spicy but not too mild either. The fish is a fair size and was cooked great. The lettuce was fresh and overall just an amazing dish! The kids chicken fingers were two huge pieces! Each piece was about the size of one chicken breast. They were cooked to perfection (as was the fish) being crunchy and not greasy. Out of all the seafood resturaunts in the Sarasota area, this is by FAR mine and my families favorite!!! Higly recommend.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We love finding restaurants that will allow our dog at outdoor tables, but we love even more restaurants that also have great food! The Lucky Pelican fits the bill! Not difficult to find, and well worth it. Fresh, fresh, fresh seafood - cooked perfectly! Beautiful raw items and a chicken breast for the puppy! Doesn't get much better. Go and enjoy if you are in the area

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have eaten here many times. Food is always pretty good. I am fan of good oysters. This place always has a choice of two or three varieties to choose from. Highly recommended.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We had dinner last night at an "out of the way" place located off university avenue in Lakewood Ranch. The seafood is really fresh, service is good, prices are fair however the noise level is a bit high. All-in-all, the good highly outweighs any negative, I would highly recommend making the effort to search out this place. Casual attire, a fun place.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Having travelled around Florida, Georgia and South Carolina over the last few weeks we have visited some fabulous restaurants but I have to say: this tops the lot. The service was fab and I was happy to let the insightful waiter select my fish for me. Am so glad I did...the masala swordfish with mushrooms, caramelised onions and roasted potatoes was sublime and the portions and price were surprisingly good. My dad had the lobster rolls which he was more than happy with. The waiter noted that he didn't do spicy and served his calamari starter with all the dressings alongside just in case. There is a lovely atmosphere and good music, we would love to have stayed longer. Note: the cocktails are delicious but fully loaded and almost blew my head off. X