“Sandwich heaven”

Ham Heaven & Devil Dogs
Ranked #249 of 1,031 Restaurants in Sarasota
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Voted Best Reuben in the State of Florida.
Cape Coral, Florida
“Sandwich heaven”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

The sign says "best reuben in Florida. Not sure if that is true, but I can say that is a darn good sandwich. I had the corn beef reuben. Excellent. The corned beef is thick cut, so I was worried that it would be chewey Not at all. In fact it melts in your mouth. Excellent bread, dressing, and meat. A top notch sandwich.
My wife had Rocky's (the owner favorite, the filet mignon sliders. Three good sized sliders cooked to order, with peppers and mushrooms. She said it was delicious.
Not cheap for sandwiches.............but, like the sign in the small, but very clean restaurant says "good food is not cheap, and cheap food is not good. $25 for two sandwiches..........but, I have to say, it is worth it.
And, Rocky is very charming. He will regale you of stories of New York and of his past working adventures. Very nice speaking with you.
An overall excellent experience. We will be back.

• Visited August 2013

sarasota
“A Discovery After a Number of Years”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This only proves that I lack adventure. Gulf Gate has many bars but also restaurants . HH & DD
really standout as one of the best eating places. Friendly service and great food provided by Rocky & Anna. The Reuben was the best in Sarasota; a healthy amount of meat....actually, no carnivore could ask for more. It's a small place with a large menu that reminds me of all I left in New York but hey, now I can have the sunshine and good things about Sarasota plus some of the food from the old neighborhoods. For those who need a good meal late at night, this place is open till 3:00AM!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank msroge
Jacksonville, Florida
“Not Fancy But Not Bad Either”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We found this on TripAdvisor and during an errand decided to try it out - although it was dinner time, we were the only one's in the small shop but Rocky greeted us and was more than pleasant. I can honestly recommend any of the hot dogs - he'll do them anyway you like. The Philly cheesesteak was OK but nothing I'd rush out for. My wife LOVED the split pea and ham soup - I'd return to try some of his other items - he's known for his Reuben's but sadly, I'm not a big fan of any reuben but I'm a big fan of corned beef so that's my next target there. Rocky seems to be a very interesting guy and more than friendly. Give it a try - we will again

• Visited July 2013
Kansas City, Kansas
“Reubens and more”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The owners were delightful. They stopped us from ordering two many french fry and tater tot dishes (they are huge portions) and stopped one diner from ordering a sandwich with 1.5 pounds of meat. It's in a nice little part of town, surrounded by taverns and craft beer saloons. The Reuben my husband had was very good and portions are again, huge. I had a club sandwich, which included real ham, not slivers of processed ham, but actual pieces of ham that appeared to be hand cut. The tater tots with cheese and bacon were excellent, the tots were fried and had a good amount of cheese with bacon pieces on top.

Visited June 2013
Tullahoma, Tennessee
“Great food and service was outstanding”
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Not cheap but very good food. Come hungry as the servings are massive! Was in town on vacation. Will stop in again when we are back in town.

• Visited June 2013