“Excellent Indian food”

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Hertford, United Kingdom
“Excellent Indian food”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We love Indian food and think this is a very good Indian restaurant. One of the best we have found in Florida. We just wish it were nearer where we stay in Englewood so that we could go more often, The lunch buffet is good value and has an excellent choice. The staff are very friendly.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank HertfordshirePandora

Sarasota, Florida
“Best Indian food in town”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I love Indian fare and am very finicky. This restaurant authentic Indian food is wonderful and the service is awesome. During the week they have a lunch buffet that is quick if your in a hurry. Don't miss this small but wonderful place.

• Visited November 2012
Florida
“Great all around: food, service, atmosphere.”
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

We came here on vacation and we were pleasantly surprised by the quality of food. It is a little pricey but you get what you pay for. Food takes a little longer than normal restaurants but indian food isn't a heat it up and you are done type of thing. They say on their menu for certain items that it takes longer so if you order something like that be prepared to wait and be prepared to eat delicious food. My husband had the special, bhuna gosht while I had the lamb biryani. Both very good. In addition we had two appetizers which were also very tasty. For someone who cooks Indian food on a regular basis it was nice to find a place that tasted authentic and that it did not come out of a Shan packet box.

The only thing I would do the next time would be to ask for the Naan without butter. It was be a popular thing to have butter on it but Naan is so good plain.

North Port, Florida
“First time with a group..”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have visited this 'curry house' many times since it's opening and to say “It's a mystery” is an understatement.

I've been when the service was great and the curry great.
I've been when the service 'sucks' and the curry is great. (this tends to be the norm)
I've been when the service was great and the curry sucked (but this was more of cold food than bad food)
I've sat in this restaurant and had a waiter\waitress walk by us many times and not even take a drinks order for 25 minutes?? (We walked out on that occasion.)

So as you can see, it's a mystery to me why this restaurant cannot seem to get a handle on basic service practices. You just never know what your going to get!

I've spoken to them many times... get a drink in the hand of a customer as soon as they sit down (and get them another one when they have finished) and they will be happy (or happier) to wait for the good food.
It's not rocket science and will certainly keep customers coming back if the service was better.
Give comment cards out and they will tell you all you need to know..

Having said this, nearly everyone I know say’s the food is great and that’s why they go back.. but not as often as they normally would.

Over the weekend our local soccer team decided to dine here. There were 14 of us in total.
I was a little worried that it may be midnight before we got out of there but we thought it was worth the risk.

Thankfully there were a lot of staff on hand and I have to say it was the best service and food we've had in a long, long time.
Due to the large group, they did a ‘$25’ special meal that included 3 or 4 different starters\appetizers, naan breads, 4 or 5 different curry dishes, including Rogan Josh, Chicken Tikka Masala, and the spicy Chicken Vindaloo and a 22oz Indian beer.

Every dish was fantastic, the service was top notch and it was one of the most enjoyable nights we’d had in a while.
The staff could not have been more helpful, tending to our every need.
It was VERY surprising and we have ALL agreed to go back in the future.
I personally would like to thank them for a great evening.

So.. please, please, please… Gateway to India… your food is fantastic, just get your service right and you will have a very prosperous 2013.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Brookadingo
Sarsota
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I went to there at this weekend. This definitely brings back the memories from back in India. The food, service and look of restaurant is amazing. The variety and taste of food is great. I believe if you want to get really taste of India you should definitely visit GATEWAY TO INDIA.

• Visited November 2012