“Great lunch buffet and very authentic Indian food.”
Review of Gateway To India - CLOSED

Gateway To India
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Gorgeous little gem in the Hillview district of Sarasota. Friendly wait staff and very fresh ingredients. If you are in the mood for Indian and are in Sarasota, check it out.

1  Thank Jane J

Reviewed August 2, 2012

The vegetarian dishes we ordered were nice, but the meat dishes were horrible. Even though the hostess was lovely and so friendly, we would not go back there to eat.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Tried them for lunch one aft when a nearby staple was closed. My son opted for the lunch buffet and I ordered a nicely prepared lamb dish, which we shared. Staff was nice, food was authentic and fairly priced. Would def go back but don't do Indian all that often.

Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

Service was slow to take order. Soda ordered was forgotten twice, we had to walk up to the bar to get a refill. One person on staff made us feel unwelcome, she didn't smile or say anything while tending to our table. We overheard the people behind us had problems with thier order. The lady ordered chicken but was given lamb. Person in charge offered no restitution other than saying that she may enjoy a chicken dish next time. Our food came out at different times. The food was really good but slightly overpriced. Average meat dish was $15-$16. We were charged wrong so had to go back to bar to have it corrected. Three out of three tables had problems with the service. This May have been an off night, but was a terrible experience.

1  Thank jenciso
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Absolutely delicious! The service, atmosphere and most importantly, the food were truly outstanding! I have eaten tons of Indian food over the years at various Indian restaurants and this tops them all. I had the Vegetable Navratan Korma seasoned "Indian Hot" and it was simply fantastic.

My wife had the Chicken Tikki Masala which she said was the best she has ever had. We also had some garlic naan bread. It was soooo good! The service was top of the line and I tipped accordingly. I'm so glad we found our new Indian restaurant spot for Sarasota as I am sure we will be visiting here frequently.

I'm still stunned at just how delicious this meal truly was. Highest recommendation.