“Great experience!”

Clayton's Siesta Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Clayton's Siesta Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 1,063 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Clayton's Siesta Grille is known as the locals place on Siesta Key for dinner, breakfast and lunch. We specialize in Seafood with other options like Duck, The worlds best braised beef shortrib, filet mignon, gourmet pizzas, fish taco's and a great burger. We have a full breakfast menu with Eggs Benedict, corned beef hash, cheesy grits, bloody mary's and mimosa's. We have hamburgers, fish taco's and Cuban sandwiches for lunch. The webpage will not let us make this clear: we are not open between 2pm and 4:30pm Sed. thru. Sun. Our hours are Monday -Sunday from 4pm to 10pm and 10:30 on Fri and Sat Breakfast hours are Wed-Sunday from 8am to 2pm
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My girlfriend and I had a wonderful time at Clayton's. The food was excellent! I brought in snapper that I caught and Chef Dimitri cooked it perfectly! My girlfriend ordered the scallops and she loved them. We had to take it home because the portions were big for a great price. Our experience was great, and our server Javier was funny, outgoing, and very helpful. He knew every question I asked and helped my girlfriend choose her meal. He was awesome! Definitely recommend him for a fun time! This is a must on our list from now on.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Our party of four had dinner at Siesta Grille on March 28, 2013. We were escorted to a table in the patio outdoors. When we sat down the party seated next to us warned us that there was broken glass under our table and to be careful to not cut our feet. I flagged down the hostess and asked here if she was aware of the broken glass. She said she was not and found someone to come out and sweep the patio. After a few minutes we were seated and waited 20 minutes until a waiter took our drink order. Then we waited another 20 minutes for the drinks to arrive. After that, it was another 15 minutes for appetizers. The waiter asked my husband if he wanted a glass for his beer. He said yes but the glass was never delivered. All in all, it took well over 2 hours to get through this dinner. This is just another high-priced tourist trap like many one finds in Siesta Key. Menu items are pricey--$8.00 for a bowl of soup. Restaurants such as these remind me of holiday shopping at the mall. Just as the customer traffic reaches its holiday peak the stores and restaurants are staffed with poorly trained part time help to compound the misery. I would recommend to just go over the bridge where you will find many chain restaurants that deliver consistent food quickly.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Clayton's is one of my top breakfast restaurants in Siesta Key. My favorite is the Eggs Benedict. It is served with perfectly cooked eggs on nestled on an english muffin and canadian bacon with heavenly tasting sauce. There is outside seating which is a treat. The service is always immpeccable. My server Dee was friendly, attentive, and made sure I had everything I needed.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We used to be semi-regulars at Clayton's, visiting once or twice a month. Our first minor issue came when they would not accept a coupon on a weekend, which they had done in the past. In their defense, the fine print clearly stated the days that coupons could be used, so we counted our blessings that they had accepted them before, and moved on.

On our last two attempts to dine at Clayton's, we were told that the entire inside dining area was reserved for a private party, and that only outside seating was available. In milder weather we would not have minded, but on one visit it was unbearably hot and humid, and on another it was so chilly that our food would not have remained hot for very long, so we passed on Clayton's and went to a nearby competitor.

A little over a week ago, we decided to give Clayton's another chance. After all, what could the odds be that the dining room would be reserved again? Well, it wasn't. It was a Tuesday, and the whole restaurant was closed. We were told that there was not enough business to remain open throughout the week, but they would reopen on Wednesday. Are you serious? It's "season" right now, and every other establishment is packed or has waits, so what does that say about Clayton's? To me, it says something doesn't smell right, and it's not the food, it's the way that customers are made to feel when they're trying to support a local business. We won't be back.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

waited forever for service. Food was non descript to say the least. Couldn't tell what we were eating.