“Outrageous Hamburger Dockside”

Cuisines: Fast Food
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed August 13, 2016

We had been fishing out on the bay for several hours when a craving for burgers came over us like a south Florida thunderstorm. We pulled up next to the well maintained docks, tied up, dropped the powerpoles and headed for the service window to place our order. We both got the burgers with all the fixings, a basket of seasoned fries and unsweetened iced tea.
Let me tell you about the burger. I would guess about a 1/3 lb, cooked just south of medium, fresh fixings, and served on a bun something like a ciabatta roll. Without a doubt, one of the best burgers I've ever had. The generous portion of seasoned fries was perfect. Not all greasy with a seasoning that didn't overpower the fries. Perfect.
Eating while looking at the boat traffic, the bridge and the Sarasota bay was amazing.
The only downside was we spent too much time yakking with other patrons, which cut into our fishing time.
They also have a great bait shop right there and we were able to replenish our live shrimp supply before heading back out. You gotta try this place!

Reviewed August 4, 2016 via mobile

My parents brought me here as a kid via boat and car.
Every year when we are here to visit my family I bring my kids ( from Germany). Even my husband ( very picky) hobby fisherman loves to come here and sit on the water & eat a burger or shrimp basket. The first time it was during a tropical storm, and I was waiting for him to complain until he smiled "this place is cool, I like it. Way better then the stuff we have in South Beach" The kids agreed while inhaling their burgers and fries. We usually return the next morning and have breakfast before heading home. 9 am in the morning eating Egg sandwiches sitting on the water, watching the fishermen bring in their catch .....this is the closest you will get to feeling like you are in " old Florida".

Reviewed July 25, 2016 via mobile

This is a great place for a lunch and does a great burger and reasonable sandwiches very nice spot to stop and watch the world go
Very good value for money and worthy of recommendation

Reviewed July 23, 2016

Terribly overrated. This is a bait shack with hamburgers that are nothing special. Fries were good but that was about it. They did try to charge us 91 dollars on a 55 dollar tab. It took two trips back to cashier who seemed lost to get it corrected. Sadly we had friends with us that we had told it sounded like a an old Florida kind of place. Well I am old and a Florida native and this had the look and feel but the food and service were truly an embarrassment.

Newerpass, Owner at New Pass Grill and Bait Shop, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2017

Hello LarryB, I'm so sorry for the problem with the credit card. Please do contact me through the contact page on our website and let me know that the charge went through properly. Again, I am truly sorry for the problem. Regards, Don Wallace

Reviewed July 21, 2016

The only reason we visit New Pass is because of the location. The food is ok. Frozen fries, frozen burgers, okay sandwiches. The toasted BLT was served on bread that was not toasted. Plenty of bacon but just okay. The fried shrimp basket is good but nothing special. the view however is fabulous!!! Fantastic view. The boats pulling up to the dock, Longboat Key Pass is gorgeous. Go for the location, not fancy but worth a stop.