“Some people don't know good Mexican food”

Burritos Mexican Grill
Ranked #265 of 1,046 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Burritos Mexican Grill has been serving up "All Natural Foods" since 1995 - Sarasota's longest established Mexican Restaurant! Burritos restaurant serves up foods that are cooked in house using no added preservatives, NO MSG, NO lard, and NO cans. Patrons appreciate the casual dining, good prices, large servings, and wide drink selection. "Better Quality & More Quantity" is our Motto. Tank-tops, flip flops, and bikinis always welcome. FREE WIFI Available, Sports games available on basic channels.
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Some people don't know good Mexican food”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I don't understand the good reviews this place is getting.

This is not a standard restaurant - it's counter service and then they bring you your order. That in an of itself is not a problem. However, the food was mediocre, and that's being polite. I got nachos Mexicana and 3 tacos - pork, chicken and beef. If it wasn't for dousing it all in salsa (and the salsa is the only reason this place isn't getting 1 star) the food would have been bland at best and really not good at all if being completely honest.

I've lived in Sarasota for 4 years and have been to 3 Mexican restaurants. One in St. Armands, which was about the blandest food I have ever eaten, this place, and El Lago Ranchero in Lakewood Ranch. El Lago was far and away the best. Even still, none of them are as good as the Mexican places I've been to in Atlanta, where I travel frequently. It's disappointing that we can't get really good Mexican in Sarasota.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank tbow77

Springfield, IL
“Good Value on Excellent Authentic Mexican Burrittos”
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

In Strip mall location with limited seating but well worth a try. Burritos with red sauce were wonderful. On the way back to I-75 from the Siesta Beach area.

Bradenton, Florida, United States
“Fantastic”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I just moved up to the north end of Bradenton from Sarasota, but had to go down to Clarke Rd. and I75. It was dinner time so we drove the wrong way from home to get to Burrito's. I love their wet burrito! Everything was fresh, the owner was on-site and very friendly. Service was quick and the waitress was attentive (but not hovering) to our needs. Ranks as one of my favorite places to eat in Sarasota, and my favorite place to get authentic Mexican food.

• Visited February 2013
Sarasota
“Our choice for the most authentic Burrito restaurant close to Siesta Key”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We were staying on Siesta Key, Sarasota, it was a lazy Sunday so we looked on Yelp for a good Mexican place for lunch and came across this place. Does not look like much when you pull up but inside the food and service are incredible. It's some place we'll be going back to on our next visit and recommending to our friends when visiting Siesta Key or Sarasota.

I had the Siesta Burrito and my wife had Veggie Tacos and both were superb, just the right amount of food and the perfect flavor.

The employees that work here are very friendly and the place is very clean.

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank EnglishInSrq
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Looks can be deceiving!”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

This Burrito Restaurant is in a very unassuming strip mall. Walking in we weren't too impressed with the decor but decided to order anyway. The owner came over to greet us and was extremely friendly. Our waitress brought out the usual chips and two containers (red and yellow--we thought they were mustard and ketchup) that turned out to be hot sauces. She didn't explain that but the owner came over with some chunky salsa and explained the two bottles.

We ordered burritos. Hubby had the El Patron which he said was very good. I had the Veggie Burrito. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it wasn't filled with onions but veggies like carrots and broccoli.( I had them hold the tomatoes and added rice for 50 cents.)

We both had the smaller burrito and it was plenty for us. There is a larger size and also a very big menu of other Mexican entrees.

Happy Hour is from 4-7 and hubby had a Mexican beer for $2.

The owner told us he is working on updating the look of the restaurant every Sunday while it is closed. It should look pretty nice when finished.

We'll definitely eat here again. Food was good and the price was right!

• Visited January 2013