“Excellent Choice for a Special Night”

Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse
Ranked #92 of 1,029 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sarasota, Florida
“Excellent Choice for a Special Night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

The food here is good. I can recommend the crispy calamari, the baked onion soup, and crab cake as appetizers but you better be hungry. Today I can be full by the time I have finished off the appetizer so I tend to share. All of the steak choices here are good but best if you can get one just a shade under medium rare. I tend to order the filet mignon with the asparagus béarnaise and lobster mashed potatoes. My wife favors the surf and turf. The drinks are excellent but again my choice is a vodka martini with extra olives. Service is excellent. If there is a but it is the price. It is easy to have a dinner for two with a couple of drinks run over $150 sans tip.

• Visited March 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Wedding Rehearsal Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

We had our wedding rehearsal dinner here in one of their private dining rooms and everything was wonderful. The food from appetizers to desserts was delicious. The service was fabulous. It was the perfect night to get all our family together. Everyone was having a great time, children included. So happy to have chosen this restaurant, and definitely will continue to dine here on regular and special occasions! Thank you for making the night so special for us and our families!

SouthernIll
“Wonderful Happy Hour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

Hyde Park is perfect for a special night out. Wonderful atmosphere, delicious food and they also offer a great Happy Hour. We visited three times while in Sarasota...once for cocktails to get a feel for the restaurant, once for Happy Hour and appetizers and our last visit was a grand dinner. Highly Recommend and would return next visit.

Visited February 2014
“Challenged by staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

I ordered the ribeye. There was more gristle than meat. The waitstaff insisted it was marbeling. You chew and swallow marbeling. You spit gristle. Halfway through, I quit. Others in our party agreed it was gristle. I was challenged by the staff twice on this. Handled very poorly. Sufficiently so such that I won't return, nor will I recommend this place.

6 Thank Stillooking
University Park, Florida
“HIDEOUT AT HYDE PARK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

OK. We avoided the Valentine's Day crush and celebrated on the 16th instead. I tend to prefer to eat seafood when dining out. However, since we had moved to a new house in October which did not have an outdoor kitchen but were planning to put one in (just started a few days ago) it had been some time since I had had a good steak done on the grill by my darling hubby. So when he asked me where I wanted to go for the VD celebration, he was surprised to hear me say, "I want MEAT!" So he choose Hyde Park where we had a lovely dinner about a year ago. So, imagine my disappointment when I ordered classic offerings of lobster bisque, Caesar salad (with anchovies) and, of course, a steak. Since they are classics, I expect them to be top notch. they were ok. Further, when the steak with small, roasted purple potatoes was set in front of me, it was a most unappetizing presentation. It reminded me of the time I went to Outback-- slap the steak and potatoes on a plain plate. At least at Outback, the prices are very economical. If the steak had been delicious, all would have been forgiven, but it was ok--on par with Outback or Ruby Tuesday. AND, the service was surly (kind of like at The Palm in New York, which at least is part of their reputation and "charm"). When I asked for more bread (which originally consisted of two pretzel bread stix), you'd think I'd asked the waiter for his first- born child! Second, his patronizing attitude when I asked about how a dish was prepared was insulting. I hear Hyde Park has a great happy hour. I may try that, but I won't waste my time and money for dinner or go there to get a good steak. Ending on a positive note, the 2 glasses of wine (by the glass) were delicious and a generous pour.

2 Thank Linda Z