“Wonderful Happy Hour”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Hyde Park is perfect for a special night out. Wonderful atmosphere, delicious food and they also offer a great Happy Hour. We visited three times while in Sarasota...once for cocktails to get a feel for the restaurant, once for Happy Hour and appetizers and our last visit was a grand dinner. Highly Recommend and would return next visit.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

I ordered the ribeye. There was more gristle than meat. The waitstaff insisted it was marbeling. You chew and swallow marbeling. You spit gristle. Halfway through, I quit. Others in our party agreed it was gristle. I was challenged by the staff twice on this. Handled very poorly. Sufficiently so such that I won't return, nor will I recommend this place.

6  Thank Stillooking
Reviewed February 19, 2014

OK. We avoided the Valentine's Day crush and celebrated on the 16th instead. I tend to prefer to eat seafood when dining out. However, since we had moved to a new house in October which did not have an outdoor kitchen but were planning to put one in (just started a few days ago) it had been some time since I had had a good steak done on the grill by my darling hubby. So when he asked me where I wanted to go for the VD celebration, he was surprised to hear me say, "I want MEAT!" So he choose Hyde Park where we had a lovely dinner about a year ago. So, imagine my disappointment when I ordered classic offerings of lobster bisque, Caesar salad (with anchovies) and, of course, a steak. Since they are classics, I expect them to be top notch. they were ok. Further, when the steak with small, roasted purple potatoes was set in front of me, it was a most unappetizing presentation. It reminded me of the time I went to Outback-- slap the steak and potatoes on a plain plate. At least at Outback, the prices are very economical. If the steak had been delicious, all would have been forgiven, but it was ok--on par with Outback or Ruby Tuesday. AND, the service was surly (kind of like at The Palm in New York, which at least is part of their reputation and "charm"). When I asked for more bread (which originally consisted of two pretzel bread stix), you'd think I'd asked the waiter for his first- born child! Second, his patronizing attitude when I asked about how a dish was prepared was insulting. I hear Hyde Park has a great happy hour. I may try that, but I won't waste my time and money for dinner or go there to get a good steak. Ending on a positive note, the 2 glasses of wine (by the glass) were delicious and a generous pour.

2  Thank Linda Z
Reviewed February 19, 2014

It's been awhile since we've been to Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse and now we wonder why! Both of us ordered the NY Strip medium and it was cooked to perfection.

The wine list allowed me many choices for a red wine by the glass while my hubby enjoyed Woodford Reserve. And an appetizer of shrimp cocktail was delicious and the tails were huge. Again, these were properly prepared.

The sides we ordered were the brussel sprouts & creamed spinach both would be enough to share for a table of 4, but we each wanted something different. We had some to take home for an omelet in the morning.

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

After reading the reviews I was a touch nervous, but my over all experience was great.

Valet was normal. Reviews said he was a dick.

Wait staff was amazing. I had the best impression of service. However I would say that they need haircuts, shaves and dry cleaning of the white jackets they wear.

The food was hit and miss.

The bread they bring out was very good but they need to just bring pretzel rolls and make them a touch bigger to help with spreading butter.

The lobster Mac and cheese was out of this world. Of you go this is a must try.

Both the Cesar and wedge salads were very good.

The Steak Dijon (cooked medium/well) was the best steak I have tasted in a long time.

The 16oz ribeye (cooked medium rare) was close to cold and was pretty fatty and had a more than fair amount of grizzle.

The creme brûlée was meh and burnt.

The cheese cake (plain) was the best I have had. The server even brought me chocolate syrup when he noticed I was on the fence.

Total bill $136.10