“A Quality Upscale Steakhouse Experience”

Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse
Ranked #83 of 1,031 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bradenton, Florida
“A Quality Upscale Steakhouse Experience”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Hyde Park is a unit of a smaller, upscale steakhouse chain with a menu not unlike what we have all come to expect from this type of experience. The food is very good and the service polished. For the best overall experience, my vote is to eat in the bar area where you will find some additional menu items and a more convivial atmosphere.

Visited June 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Longboat Key, Florida
“OMG! AWESOME”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Too bad they don't have the truffle chips on the menu all the time. The steaks are to die for, I love the atmosphere, great service. Just bring back the truffle chips PLEASE

Visited March 2012
Sarasota, Florida
“Great spot for cocktails, but overpriced...”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

This is a great spot for cocktails before dinner, but be prepared for the bar bill...

Nothing is inexpensive here and the happy hour finishes at 6:30pm, which is a bit cheap on Hyde Park's part... most other local places the happy hour finishes at 7pm... we arrived at 6:35pm for cocktails and ended up paying twice what the folks next to us had paid just 5 minutes before...

We've eaten here several times and while the food is great, some of the clientele are very brash and rude - the sort that want you to think they have money and flash it around... very crass... Unfortunately the staff tolerate this and even if you complain about loud/obnoxious tables, they won't do anything to address it (personal experience in this one!)...

Despite some of the issues, we do come back periodically and the food is generally pretty good...

• Visited July 2012
Sarasota, Florida
“Service, Presentation, Customer Attention: Extra-Ordinaire”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Last night my wife and another couple (my first cousin) made our first dinner visit to this outstanding steak restaurant. My wife and I were there two Saturday's before for a last minute decision birthday gathering. The service and attention were so unbelievable that I told the manager that we would be back to try the restaurant as that was our first time there. At any rate we were greeted graciously by the young lady (Rebecca) at the front desk and taken to our table which was a large booth but we did not have to roll across the seat to get behind the table as Rebecca pulled the table at an angle completely away and we were able to walk in and sit most comfortably, and this was a first because in most restaurants that we visited it was always an effort and sometimes an inconvenience to get into this type of booth. We were immediately visited by a server who introduced himself and informed us that he worked with a partner and they would both be our servers. He immediately asked if we would like water and if so told us what they offered, said he would bring it back and take our drink orders. The partner came within the next minute or so and asked if we would like to order any drinks. My young lady cousin is a wine aficionado and asked for specific name vodkas and surprisingly they had 2 of the 3 which amazed her. My wife a pinot-grigio and my male cousin a Dewar's on the rocks I do not drink. He left and a bus boy brought the bread and butter but, what astounded me the bread had real dough pretzel sticks and for me that was a first and they were terrific. We had a lot to talk about between us so it took us a while to even look at the menu and both servers were very apologetic and yet attentive when they came to ask if we were ready to order instead for whatever reason for which none of us have any idea they brought over an appetizer courtesy of the house for each of us, a large hot shrimp wrapped in bacon and a large scallop. We said thank you, we looked at each other and each asked if we had ordered this without the other knowing and we all shook our heads and said no. We were still talking and all but one was finished when one of the servers asked if we were ready to order. I won't go into a long story but my cousins ordered a rib-eye that they wanted to share and a salad that they also shared. They ordered their steak rare and we ordered a rib-eye with a bone-in that we shared, my wife getting the bone part, ours was to be very well done and I had a Caesar-salad. They arrived very quickly with the split tomato and mozzarello salad split and each of them had two big pieces of beef tomato and cheese, unbelievable and my Caesar was so big even with my wife stealing some it was still overwhelming. The steaks came as ordered and were served with the most delicious onion fries that I was sorry that I ordered the french fries as a side (which we all ended up sharing) they ordered a mushroom and spinach side that was enough for all of us to share as well. The steak presentation with the two servers and another from the kitchen was served and presented so well that I thought they must think we were some sort of celebrities. The steaks were hot and soft and very tasty. We did not eat we dined. Our reservation was for 6:30 and we left at 9:20. The restaurant was not busy but it was not empty either and this was a Monday evening. In between the manager came to the table and introduced himself and he hit it off with my lady cousin because as it turned out as part of the conversation he was also a wine aficionado (somoleir). He again returned before we finished our steaks to inquire how everything was and oh yes, I almost forgot shortly after our steaks were served the chef came out from the kitchen and asked if the steaks were OK and to our liking...I will not go on and bore you but this is one restaurant that one must try if they are Sarasotans or just visiting. It certainly is a good competitor to two of Sarasota's best Michael's On East and Ruth's Crist and certainly much better than the Bijou which in my opinion is over-rated. After we left we still could not get over the attention and service and asked each other if they really thought we were some sort of celebrity?

• Visited July 2012
Lakewood Ranch, Florida
“Consistently very good”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We have been to Hyde Park Steakhouse several times and have never been disappointed. This trip was to celebrate our Anniversary. Food offers were "early menu (before 6PM)" $19.95pp, Special Savor Sarasota Menu (June 1-14) $25pp or the regular menu. I choose the Early menu. It offered soup (French Onion AuGratin or Lobster Bisque) or Salad, several entree choices from prime burgers, twin filet mignons, BBQ pork shank (16oz), etc., and your choice of vegetable or potato. My choices were the Lobster Bisque, BBQ pork shank w/fried onion staws and asparagus/w bernaise sauce. All were perfectly cooked. The pork shank was so tender you did not need to use a knife for cutting and seasoned to perfection. My husband ordered from the Savor Sarasota menu. He dined on Lobster Bisque, 8oz bacon wrapped filet mignon w/potatoe and desert was included, his choice was flourless chocolate cake w/rasberry sauce. Drinks range from $5+ (i.e. DeWars Scotch $7.50), wine about $9+/glass. A nice touch for our celebration was a table in the wine room, which they scattered fresh red rose petals on the white linen tablecloth, lovely. A delicious, relaxing, elegant evening. Enjoy!

• Visited June 2012