“It's where to stay in Sarasota”

Hampton Inn & Suites Sarasota-Bradenton Airport
Ranked #7 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
A TripAdvisor Member
“It's where to stay in Sarasota”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This location rocks!! You won't find better accommodations anywhere in the Sarasota area. This was my third visit and won't be my last. Clean and comfortable rooms, complimentary breakfasts every morning including hot items each day. The staff are beyond fantastic! Never felt so well taken care of at a hotel before. Great location - central to everything.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Kissimmee, United States
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The hotel is very clean and quiet. The staff was extremely helpful giving us information regarding local activities and assisting with any questions we had. I would suggest getting your continental breakfast early as the breakfast process can be a little chaotic with food running out and a long line. Overall I would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Plymouth, Michigan
Reviewed May 29, 2013

POSITIVES:
-The thing that keeps me coming back again and again to Hampton Inn: Freshly laundered, white comforters every time.
-Free hot breakfast conveniently available every morning in clean, pleasant eating area (Gourmet? No. Efficient and good enough? Absolutely.)
-Pool area clean and convenient
-Friendly, helpful staff
-VERY close to airport (but we don't seem to remember ever being disrupted by any noise)

Negatives (no big deal):
-The entrance to this hotel lacks a welcoming appearance to the point that we actually drove around to the other side, thinking that we were looking at the back/service entrance!
-The colors used on the front and in the lobby and hallways are not warm and inviting, but sort of hospital-esque.

Regardless of the small issues with cosmetic appearance at this particular hotel, Hampton Inn will always be our "go to" hotel because of its "laundered every time" bedspread/comforters and convenient breakfasts. This hotel was no exception to our usual clean and satisfying Hampton experience. In fact, we have just booked this hotel again for a stay next month.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MyHumble0pinion
SPEARSVILLE, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Out of all of the hotels that I have stayed in, this one has the most comfortable beds and pillows! I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for comfort. It also offers a delicious complimentary breakfast!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

North Adams, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed May 27, 2013

First off, I will note some positive aspects of my own experience here:

1.) Free coffee in the lobby all day long. Not many people understand that there are others who enjoy pumping caffeine into their veins past mid-day.

2.) I stayed with my girlfriend's family, who paid for the rooms, so everything was free for me. (Not that this will be helpful to others, but it was a positive aspect of my own experience.)

And that's really where the list ends. For these reasons, there are two stars instead of one.

We had our first negative impression of the establishment thirty seconds after walking in. There were seven of us total: myself, my girlfriend, her mom, stepdad, and three younger sisters (10, 12, 13). Her mom had reserved two suites adjacent to one another--or so she thought, since the "suites" were actually booked on separate floors. After a bit of back and forth, they managed to get one regular room and one "suite" on the same floor, but not adjacent. Also, there was no credit given for the downgrade from a "suite" to a room. (Yeah, yeah, I know: this place is pretty awesome, right?)

You may have guessed by now that I am mocking this hotel's definition of a suite--and you have guessed correctly! It should really be renamed: "Hampton Inn and Rooms with Couches." I, my girlfriend, and her three sisters stayed in the "suite", which was literally a regular-sized room with a pull-out couch in it. Were it not a suite, there would be a cot instead of a pull-out couch. (We made these observations when we saw the regular room that her parents stayed in.) Literally--utilizing the correct usage of the word "literally"--that is the only difference between a room and a suite here.

There were five people staying in our "suite." Five--and they knew this at the front desk. So how many pillows did we get? Four. How many bath towels? Three. The second time I went down to the lobby to get additional towels, the front desk person had trust issues; while another person was getting our towels, he asked me twice if I was using the towels for the bathroom or the pool, and still didn't seem to believe me after that.

In the elevator, lobby, and rooms, we noticed promotional posters for the hotel, proudly declaring: "Clean sheets for every guest." Listen: clean sheets are a REQUIREMENT for every guest in every hotel, or the Board of Health shuts you down, Mr. Hampton Inn. This is nothing to brag about. It would be like saying, "Rooms with walls--guaranteed" or "A toilet for every bathroom." Was there a point in time when all of the sheets were blood-soaked, so clean sheets on a regular basis is now an improvement?

Oh, and let's not forget my lovely friend, Mr. Vending Machine. I needed to get bottled water for my CPAP and I had two dollar bills. In the vending machine, a 20-ounce water was $1. I spent a solid five minutes attempting to procure a bottle, trying both dollar bills, straightening them out, turning them around, whispering magic limericks, etc. Frustrated, I walked down to the lobby, and told the front desk person about the incident and asked how to get a bottle of water. She then pointed me to a 16-ounce bottle of water behind the desk that costed $2. Perfect! (But not really, though.)

All in all, I suppose the experience could have gone much worse (e.g. I could've been impaled with a harpoon), but there were half a dozen other hotels in the vicinity of the Sarasota airport. Try them first. Including the coffee (which may be available at the other hotels), this one just left a bitter taste in our mouths.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Eric A
mridgewell, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Sarasota-Bradenton Airport, responded to this review, October 21, 2016
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. We try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay as we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.
North of Toronto
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We stayed here over the American Memorial holiday weekend. I got this room for $75 from Hotels.com, it was $100 on Priceline and Expedia (or Travelocity).
The hotel is super clean, I have no issues with my 13 month old crawling around.
The rooms are large and spacious. There's a kitchenette area with a sink, microwave, fridge, and coffee maker.
In our room we have a couch with coffee table and a business desk with 2 chairs!
We asked for a pack n play and they provided one, no charge!
Throughout the day, the lobby provides coffee & tea, and fresh baked cookies!!! So yummy!
We wanted to be close to Siesta Key Beach, but we're about 20 minutes away, so not as convenient as we had hoped, but the cleanliness out weighs the distance.

• Stayed May 2013
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I have stayed at this location a couple of times. The location is convenient. The rooms have always been clean and super quiet. I travel with a 4-legged companion and the staff has always been very accommodating.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business