“One Of My Favorites in The Area”

Hampton Inn & Suites Sarasota-Bradenton Airport
Ranked #7 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
Sarasota, Florida
“One Of My Favorites in The Area”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

My Mother and Father in Law frequent this hotel, and it's amazing, between the fact that it's walking distance from our home and the personable staff it makes their stay like home, and it easy to visit them. It's always clean, the food is good, and has a decent view (of the airport). I love the trendy, modern design and the fact that it's 'green'...Highly recommend if you want a no fuss, comfortable stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank meganz930

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Land O Lakes, Florida
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Good clean place to stay near the Sarasota airport. Also, not too far from the beaches and parks.

Mars Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Nicest chain we've been in for months. Very hospitable, very convenient to airport and restaurants, immaculately clean, hospitality hour with wine and snacks, good breakfast, can't say enough for how the nice the folks were here. Offered several times to shuttle us to ballpark and restaurants even though we were checking out. Said we could leave our luggage with them and retrieve it when we shuttled back from ballpark.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I only need a hotel for couple nights, but since all the big ones are full I said let try this hotel ...oh oh what a big surprise: the front desk people were helpfull with the acomodations, the bed was confortable, microwave,coffeemaker, all the towels I want, nice decoartion, super clean room, AC working perfect,, free parking(some hotels charge 6 to 8 bucks per night),if I want ice they get it for me,free breakfast and if you have to leave before 6am ,the night beforethey prepare a bag with breakfast to go,, Nice gym with all equipments brand new,It was worth my money and not really expensive !!!!!!!!!

1 Thank volts753
Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I spent 1 night at the Hampton last week. I usually stay at the Hampton by the Ellenton outlets but decided to give this one a try. As a business traveler, I try to stay near the airport or close to the account I’m visiting.

Very nice hotel. Seems a little harsh to the eye from the exterior based on the architectural design. But, don't let that stop you. The parking lot features several charging stations for electric cars, designated parking for eco-friendly cars, and HOV parking for cars with 2+ passengers – all very cool and not very common. I was excited to park in the HOV parking since I generally travel alone.

The interior is very modern and sleek – great colors! The lounge area is used for breakfast and the evening manager’s reception. You could use the manager’s reception as a light dinner – chicken tenders, chips & salsa, other finger foods, beer, wine, soda. This is a really nice plus. Some Hamptons do this but not all.
The breakfast was great – hot choices along with cereal, toast, fruit, yogurt, muffins, choice of juice, milk, coffee. Some say it’s “nothing to write home about” but I’ve always enjoyed their breakfast. Who really has a gourmet breakfast everyday anyways??

My room faced University Pkwy and I was on the 3rd floor. I heard absolutely no road noise, or airport noise for that matter. I had a standard, yet spacious, King room with all the usual amenities. My only complaint (as it is with every Hampton) is the toiletries but I’ve learned to travel with my own. The room was fairly clean; I could nit-pick the bathroom but…

Staff was very hospitable and lots of smiling faces. We got a recommendation for Barnacle Bill’s Seafood – which I would recommend for dinner.

Northeast
Reviewed March 19, 2012

This is an unusual facility: owned by Europeans, developed in a very different style than most US facilities, it's exceptional. Excellent bed, the coverlet was incredibly comfortable, the bath layout was spacious, this is truly a jewel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
MSiese, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Sarasota-Bradenton Airport, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Our owners did such a fantastic job building our location. From color selection, to style, it's just a fresh clean look. You are correct, we are not typical. I have been told we look like an office building on the outside. Sustainability is priority for our location (other than great Hamptonality Service, of course)!

The reason we look different is because we are. Our location is Silver LEED Certified. That's mean from the time of design and construction, we are a sustainable location. This isn't just recyling or saving water, utilizing re-use water for landscaping, this is the solar panels that heat our water, the solar panels that run a portion of our electricity, the color of the building - reflecting the sunlight, the windows that take advantage of natural light, the direction the building faces, the motion detected thermostats in every room to save energy, the materials the buildiing was made of, where the materials were purchased for opening to save on the environment by purchasing more items locally, our dinnerware is made out of 100% biodegrable, recylced material, our sales kits are printed on 100% recycled paer all the way up to our bike racks out front and showers in the breakroom to encourage employees to ride their bikes or walk to work.

It's a fantastic experience and great to be part of such an outstanding project, knowing that you are making a contribution.

We appreciate you chosing our location and greatly appreciate you sharing your experience. Thank you so much and we look forward to serving you again!

Michelle Siese
USA
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Stayed at this pet friendly property during the Sarasota Half Marathon Weekend. Service was very friendly from the front desk to the housekeepers to the breakfast attendants. We stayed at a double queen with sofa bed suite. It was HUGE! We loved the space!

One of the best parts was seeing parking spaces for fuel economy vehicles. The hotel even had electric charging stations!!! That was our first time seeing those signs and we were so pleased!

We would definitely stay at this property again. It was located about 3 miles to downtown Sarasota and 6 miles to St. Armands with all the shops and restaurants. Free breakfast in the morning did not disappoint!

Room Tip: The front desk person told us that the double queen with sofa bed is about twice the size as your re...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BestTravelUSA
Thank you so much for taking your personal time to review our property. It is so nice to hear that there are people that appreciate our green efforts. Sustainability is so important and there are so many people that like to hear about it, but do not participate. It has been so great as a team working together to reach our green goals. Finergy Development, LLC is our ownership group and that is what they specialize in, is building LEED Certified buildings. We are the first LEED Certified Hampton Inn in the world and it has been such an honor to take part in the project. Each and every one of us can impact the earth in a positive way, just by doning simple things every day, one step at a time :) Working at this location has made all of us be more cognizant of green efforts and work and at home!

Thank you again for your response and your participation in sustainability!