“Excellent airport hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Sarasota-Bradenton Airport
Ranked #9 of 50 Hotels in Sarasota
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Opened two years ago adjacent to Sarasota - Bradenton Airport, this Hampton Inn does the Hilton name proud. The rooms are spacious and clean, the staff efficient and helpful and the complimentary breakfast excellent. Built to "green standards", the air conditioning and heating adjusts to the time of day and occupancy, there are electric car charging stations in the parking lot and car pools have preferred parking. Despite its location adjacent to the airport runway, it is so well insulated that you never hear aircraft noise. Hotel shuttle service is available on request to the airport or local attractions. If you have your own transportation, the central location is minutes away from beaches, shopping and restaurants. We stay in Sarasota often. This facility is now our new preferred location in the area.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank cedric09

Reviewed December 30, 2011

Great hotel, I would recommend it to anyone staying in Sarasota. Very conveniently located right next to the airport and is within driving distance to all the businesses and top spots in the city. Perfect for business or vacation.

Reviewed December 28, 2011

I have slept in hotels all over the world for years and this was by far the best quality for the price! The hotel itself was amazing and so was the service. We had free breakfast everyday and could not even hear the airplanes from the nearby airport!This Hotel is AMAZING! I would recommend to anyone staying in Sarasota. The amenities of this hotel are impossible to beat at this price!
We will be staying here again every year!
LOVED IT!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Lionel D
Reviewed December 17, 2011

There are 4 hotels right at the entrance to the Sarasota airport. I've stayed at all of them. This is the best. My ranking:
1. Hampton
2. Hyatt Place (almost tied with the Hampton)
3. Residence Inn (okay)
4. Courtyard (unnacceptable - see recent review)

I travel weekly for business. 4 times recently, I've needed to fly out of SRQ at 7am after meetings in the area, so turning in my rental car and staying next to the airport worked out well. I tried the 4 different hotels mainly because the first 2 (Courtyard and Residence) weren't that good (and I'm a Marriott Diamond member, so I really wanted to like them). I wish I'd stayed at the Hampton first, because it's the best. Here's why:
- It has the best soundproofing.
- It has the quietest AC/Heat system with fan choices of Auto or Always On with Low, Medium, or High
- The room layout is very comfortable and functional for a solo business traveler
- Awesome evening reception and great breakfast, including grab bags before 6am
- You can walk to/from the airport in 8 minutes (without having to cross University Parkway), which I like more than taking a shuttle
- The internet works well
- Everything else is fine and predictable: Clean, Comfy beds, good service, functional bathroom, good lighting, etc.

I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms on the front along University Parkway. The soundproofing is very good, but you m...
4  Thank Retailwonderer
Reviewed December 14, 2011

The one striking feature of this hotel is that it does not look like a Hampton Inn, It looks like a four story office building, The inside is a Hampton Inn with the a Large breakfast area. There is an Outdoor pool, The rooms are comfortable and quiet. The location does not have any eating places within walking distance, so a car will be required if you need a evening meal.

1  Thank business-traveler-Mn
Reviewed December 11, 2011

I stayed here for two days because my work conference was being held at the hotel. This is a nice, new hotel and the service is above average. The room itself was mighty dull though. No flavor to the room, just bare walls. But the real kicker is the location. There is absolutely nothing close by. There is no hotel bar/restaurant so the best you can do is take their shuttle. The shuttle drivers were very nice, but I can't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011
4  Thank Monacrh23
mridgewell, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Sarasota-Bradenton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2016

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. We try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay as we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed December 4, 2011

My wife and I (along with our dog) stayed at this hotel early this year..Once is enough. The room was not cleaned properly ..had to go to the desk everyday to complain, One evening it was sooo bad...they sent the Van Driver to the room to vacuum and wipe down the furniture . NEVER AGAIN will I stay here

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family