“Always excellent, lunch or dinner”

Mattison's Forty-One
Reserve with OpenTable
Mattison's Forty-One is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #140 of 1,029 Restaurants in Sarasota
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Chef Paul Mattison invites you to join us and experience Mattison's Forty-One's elegant, friendly, fun, and comfortable atmosphere. Winner of Florida Trend Magazine's prestigious Golden Spoon Award the menu includes fresh seafood; Mattison's signature meat dishes like lamb, aged beef, and duck; we have a complete tapas menu, including sushi, calamari, Chef Paul Mattison's signature Artichokes Esther, fresh salads, and more. Mattison's Forty-One serves lunch, dinner and Sunday Brunch. There is live music and dancing every night along with nightly specials and events including Early Happy Hour, Wine-Pairing Dinners, Cooking Demonstrations and more. The Galleria is a beautiful complete catering facility seating up to 100 people.
Sarasota,Florida
“Always excellent, lunch or dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Decided to have a special lunch today, not disappointed with our choice. Top notch quality chicken salad, hot bread and herb butter. All ingredients very fresh and tasty. Service very attentive. Value just right.

• Visited March 2013

Venice, Florida
“We got sick on the scallops”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

On Friday evening, March 8th my wife and I went to Mattisons 41 and we both got the scallop special. Within an hour and one half we were both very sick with stomach cramps and in dire need of restrooms. We were like that all night and into this morning when they subsided. Niether one of us were sick and we are both sure we were effected by the meal.

I did call and spoke to the manager on duty and he took a very indifferent attitude, He informed us that we could not handle rich foods and left it at that. I have had the same dinner at Mattisons many times with no ill effects.
He informed me basically if I wasn't happy to call the general manager, Barbara today. I think I would rather write a review.

We will not be patronizing any Mattisons in the future. I consider this very poor customer service.

PS. The manager on duty that night has may phone number if you care to discuss this

Visited March 2013
6 Thank Frank R
Albany, NY
“Not a review- but a question”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Has anyone ever had the buffet pre-event dinner at the Mattisons Bayside at the Van Wezel? They don't say exactly what is on the menu, and I was wondering if it was worth the $42 per person.

Sarasota, Florida, United States
“Surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

We usually only go for the pizza and ceaser salad which we consume at the high tops around the bar area. Along with the panio playing its a great way to spend a Sunday evening. Plus if you arrive before seven the house wines are half price,and they are decent wines. Last night we had tickets for Van Wezel,so the other couple made reservations for dinner. I was not looking forward to it as the dinners that I have previously had have been nothing to go back for. Well I must say I was very pleasantly surprised.We had the Sunset Special,between four and six,which consisted of three courses for $25. Lots of good choices between appetizers,soups and salads. I had the Artichoke Easter which was delicious and the Scallops. Scallops were perfectly cooked with French green beans which were beautifully crisp and tender,plus a wonderful side of potatoes which I am still thinking about. There was a choice of three desserts which I could have done without...a scoop of their wonderful gelato would have been perfect. Along with their half priced wine it was a wonderful meal.

• Visited February 2013
sarasota
“Delicious lunch in lovely surroundings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

My first visit to Mattison's 41 will definitely not be my last. I was surprised to see that the menu had some very affordable choices, including some combinations of 2 two items like soup, half sandwich, salad and individual pizza for $8.. But the list of small plates for $5 each was so tempting I had to indulge. The nice sized portion of fried calamari came with Asian soy mustard and Thai chili sauce for dipping. It was a nice and tasty change from the usual marinara sauce. But the Artichokes Esther-Style were my favorite, coming tempura fried on mesclun greens with lemon caper butter. I don't know if I would have gotten bread if I had not been at the table with people who ordered salads and entrees, but I took the opportunity to taste the warm herbed bread, with herbed butter. It was flavorful yet delicate.
The waitress was very helpful in expaining the dishes before we ordered. However, she did not check back later to refill water, and it took longer to pay our checks than we would have expected.
When I return, I think I will try the shrimp rangoon and the pot roast stuffed Red skins with gorgonzola and port wine reduction. Or maybe the crab cake with mandarin-habanero remoulade and rainbow microgreens. So many intriguing choices in small plates!

• Visited February 2013