“Fantastic fried calamari and calzones”

Valentino Pizzeria Trattoria
Ranked #119 of 1,029 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Valentino's is all about great food, family and tradition. Our authentic cuisine borrows from every region of Italy along with a little influence from our Northern New Jersey roots! We are committed to cooking with only the freshest ingredients available. All our menu items are homemade and cooked to order! Please visit our other location at: 4045 Clark Rd. Sarasota Fl. 34233.
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Fantastic fried calamari and calzones”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Valenntino's was recommended to me by the desk clerk at the old Comfort Inn on Clark road several years ago.. Since then I have ordered take out from them on numerous occasions when we where working in the area. I have never been to the store, always ordered take out. My favorites are the fried calamari with the spices sauce and a calzone with prosciutto. The calamari has almost always been perfectly cooked, light brown and tender. The portion size is perfect for 2. The calzones are big, filled with generous portions of cheese and meat. Most of the time I can't eat it all. I have had the lasagna on a few occasions as well. It is a large portion and is good with lots of cheese and meat sauce. My only disappointment from them has been the tiramisu. Both times that I ordered it, it was frozen in the middle. It's either bought in or if made fresh then frozen. Delivery times to any of the hotels around Clark road and I 75 usually is between 45 minutes to an hour.

Lakewood Ranch, Florida
“First time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

We went last Monday at 6pm and we get the last table in the place.We got a server by the name of server whom really help us we had a great meal. We had two pasta dishes and two chicken dishes and all were great and the Salad was very good. The only problem was the bowling level of noise , but they could work on that problem this summer. Great new place.

Bradenton, Florida
“Poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Have been looking for a good Italian restaurant in our area for awhile that has fresh made food and thought we would find it here. Had heard the food was good so we gave it a try. We were very pleased with our selections and enjoyed what we tasted, but not happy at all with the way service was. There were 3 of us and 2 meals came out and were told the other would be out in few. Well after about 10-15 minutes the other meal still had not made it to the table (which was lasagna) which should have already been made and just plated out of a pan. Well I finally went to our server who was working the bar and said something. Before all of this server and manager seemed to keep eyeing our table but nothing was done till I spoke up. Finally food came we were told we would get free desserts. Well by that time we didn't want desserts so manger came to table and offered more drinks, but only were given to 2 of the 3 people sitting at the table. Also, no one ever checked if we wanted anything else to drink, how our food was, etc. Very poor practice for a manager. It's really a shame. Will I go back? Maybe but not until they get their act together if they can since I have heard prior to this that their service at another location is bad too!!!

Niagara Falls, Canada & Sarasota, Florida
“SIMPLY GREAT!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Had dinner there Sat. March 16th, 2013. Very busy, had a 30 minute wait, but there were 10 of us, and it had to be good, for us to wait that long. However, they had a booth ready earlier than that, and we all squeezed in, with 2 seats on the end. The owner saw how squeezed in we were, and before our food arrived, put two tables together and moved us to a larger seating. Now I call that service! he could of left us there, and used those other two tables for people waiting, but he noticed how uncomfortable we were and acted on it....and the food was great, from the soup, to the pizza to the pasta dishes.... well worth the wait & money...would highly recommend you give it a try, and great Peroni Draft Beer!!!
susan & ron, Niagara Falls, Canada

“LOVE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I wasn't sure what to expect when I first went here, but now I dream of their pizza all day! great service and wonderful food

• Visited February 2013