“Rather Good, but getting Salty”

Valentino Pizzeria Trattoria
Ranked #108 of 1,038 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Valentino's is all about great food, family and tradition. Our authentic cuisine borrows from every region of Italy along with a little influence from our Northern New Jersey roots! We are committed to cooking with only the freshest ingredients available. All our menu items are homemade and cooked to order! Please visit our other location at: 4045 Clark Rd. Sarasota Fl. 34233.
“Rather Good, but getting Salty”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I used to eat here a lot and loved it. We still go in from time to time. But after improving our diets at home, and the resulting new sensitivity of our taste buds, we have found the food at this restaurant to be on the salty side. I don't know, maybe they are adding more salt and it's not out taste buds?

They do seem to think of themselves as something pretty special, stocking their staff with almost exclusively young, thin and pretty girls...more pretty than outright competent, but good enough. They will always try to sit a couple at a tiny, tiny little table that barely holds one of their pizzas and leaves no room for the people. If you ask to sit somewhere else, they usually say no. That's really bothers me. Anyway, while I like their entrees, their pizza is really not to my liking...and I do like pizza! I've tried it three times and now I know not to do that again!

They get REALLY busy at dinner time, and Friday and Saturday nights are impossible! Yes, that means a lot of people like them, but this is Sarasota...I'm pretty sure most people here never cook, judging by the fact that EVERY restaurant here is busy almost all the time!

They do take-out, but not delivery.

I am giving this three stars as the salty-ness and trend toward snooti-ness has taken this from place from a weekly place on my list to maybe once every other month. I'm pretty sure they haven't noticed my absence.

If you eat the standard American diet and love Italian Food, I'm pretty sure you will like this place. If you are watching your salt, or like people to treat you really good when you go to their restaurant, or would like to eat in anything approaching a cozy setting, go somewhere else. Yes, the girls are all smiles and cute, they even open the door for you. But you won't get to sit in a big booth unless you have at least three people, but they have told me several times those are reserved for parties of four. I sat at my table in the middle of the place and watched NO ONE sit where I wanted to the entire time I was there. Oh well.

• Visited December 2012

florida
“Great New York Italian”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Valentino's offers great New York itialian food in a relaxed atmosphere for reasonable prices. We have been there a number of times and the food is consistently good. For those who live here in florida, you know that finding good italian food is difficult. Its all about what you grew up with. If you're from the NY/ NJ area, this is the kind of italian food you grew up with! The original restaurant is on Clark Rd but they recently opened up another in Sarasota which I have yet to visit. The Clark Rd location has alway been excellent and I can count on it for quality and consistency.

• Visited February 2013
Sarasota, Florida
“New Restaurant at Cooper Creek”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We were with a large group, but there were 3 different wait staff helping. I ordered Veal Marsala. It was greasy and overcooked. My spouse had pasta and said it was tasty, nice portioned, but not exceptional. We had to ask for beverages after the first serving. At the end of the meal, we were never asked if we wanted dessert or coffee. Our server had 12 at our table and at least another group of 4 to serve. Our friends had pizza and said it was OK, but nothing special. Not a good first impression, but maybe if it were just the 2 of us, our experience would have been better.

• Visited February 2013
Lakewood Ranch Fl
“Excellent Finally”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

great Italian dinners,pizza,calzones,heros here in the Cooper Creek Sarasota. Thank god. We had the pasta fagioli- to die for. Calamari was just like New York. Bracolli rabe with sausage like grandma

• Visited January 2013
Chatham, Massachusetts
“a slice of New York Italian food in Florida”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We are originally from the New York/New Jersey area and are always seeking great Italian food. That quest is answered by Valentino's. While not fancy the food is delicious The service efficient and caring. This restaurant is highly recommended!

• Visited January 2013