TripAdvisor
Sarasota
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews clean rooms garbage disposal front desk great hotel and staff kitchen facilities hotel chains sleeping area two room suite newer hotel breakfast was delicious full size refrigerator would recommend this hotel to anyone recommend staying here would definitely stay here again nice amenities pull out couch fire pit
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had an early morning flight out of Sarasota airport (one mile away from hotel). Desk clerk--even after consulting with manager and giggling a bit--repeatedly told me all the reasons that they could not provide shuttle or pay for Uber or taxi. Horrible customer attitude.

Date of stay: September 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
Home2Sarasota, Front Office Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Sarasota Bradenton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your most recent experience here at the Home 2 Suites. I see according to your scores on the guest survey that you were unsatisfied with your stay. I wanted to take the time to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced during your stay. Your opinion matters and truly comes in handy while we are working to improve our overall operation at the hotel. Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with us and we hope you will come back and see us again soon. We appreciate your business!

Reviewed September 15, 2019

When I made the reservation for this hotel, I thought it was on the other side of the airport. It wasn't, it is on a little seedier side of the airport, but still it was a very good experience. The Front Desk was very friendly and helpful. My room was clean and quiet. Didn't have a chance to take part in the breakfast, but it looked good.
I will stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Wow! Thank you so much for your positive feedback on the survey. The team here works very hard to make all of our guests happy and so I know they will be very proud to see the scores you gave. We truly appreciate you being our guest and hope that you will come back and see us again. We will continue to work toward exceeding your expectations for as long as you are staying with us. We appreciate your business, thank you!

Reviewed September 4, 2019

We stayed for a (very) long time here while our home was undergoing renovations. This is a newer hotel, very clean and located right next to the airport.

Check-in was fast and easy. We requested a top floor room overlooking the airport (I'm an aviation buff) and our request was honored. The rooms were awesome! Full kitchen with real dishes, near-full size refrigerator with separate freezer (how often do you see that?) a dishwasher and garbage disposal.

Our room had no bathtub; just a good-sized shower which was fine with us since we prefer showers. There was a sofa-bed, LOTS of shelving and storage places, and a room divider curtain. My favorite part of the room though was the table with wheels that served both as a keyboard/mouse platform at the desk, or could be rolled out into the room for meals, meetings, workspace or whatever (see photos). I wish more hotels had this feature.

One note regarding any concerns about 'airport noise'; there was virtually none. The main runway at SRQ is literally about 1500 feet away. Yet the soundproofing including windows was so good, that with the a/c unit running you rarely if ever heard any aircraft. Even Delta's aging MD-80 jets with the old engines that are super loud on takeoff were hardly noticeable. One reviewer said they couldn't sleep all night due to the noise? Hogwash! SRQ pretty much shuts down between 10 pm and 6 am except for a random general aviation flight here and there (which you won't hear).

The free breakfast setup is a bit unusual. The main fare is pre-made breakfast sandwiches, omelets and scrambled egg/sausage packages, all with a number on the package corresponding to the number you should push on the provided microwaves. There are also cereals, waffle makers and assorted items. The only problems we experienced during our stay was that the narrow area in front of the food could get crowded at times with people standing around in front of the microwaves. The other problem was that they would quite often run out of the prepackaged meals; especially if there were sports teams staying over; they would literally clean out the breakfast sandwiches. My recommendation; go down early in the am if you can to avoid the crowds (we would just grab our stuff and go back to our room to eat). Towards the weekends, grab a couple of extra sandwiches to take back to your refrigerator in case they run out Sat-Sun mornings. (There is a McDonalds just north of the hotel, literally only a 3-minute walk).

Really great staff working here. "Shout-outs" to Berniece, the housekeeper who took great care of us throughout our stay; and Gabriel, who was always hard at work keeping the place spotless, and who always had a smile and friendly greeting for us. Most of all, a huge shout-out to Liz at the front desk - what a gem! She was amazing; always super friendly and helpful; when we would rebook another week, she would already have our new card keys ready for us! That is service above and beyond the call of duty. Hotel management would be wise to take good care of her :-)

Hard to come up with any negatives for this place; only two that I can think of. This is a 'pet-friendly' hotel. That being said, we did see some guests with pit bulls which was off-putting. The only other negative was the lobby music was way too loud during the day; if I wanted to go sit in the lobby and do some work over a cup of coffee, it was just too distracting.

All in all a great stay; highest recommendation.

Room tip: Avoid first floor rooms by the elevators (very loud music in the elevator lobby). Try to get to breakfast early.
Date of stay: August 2019
Home2Sarasota, Front Office Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Sarasota Bradenton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2019

Reviewed August 27, 2019

Very clean, organized and friendly staff. Complimentary breakfast included as well. I would recommend this location to anyone staying around the Sarasota area. Was central to many activities within a few miles. Room smelled fresh and was well maintained.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2019

Great experience at the Home2 suites, comfortable room, friendly staff and a yummy breakfast. If I return to the Sarasota area, I would stay at this facility again, especially if I were staying longer than the two days I did this time.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
Home2Sarasota, Front Office Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Sarasota Bradenton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2019