“What a Thrill!”
Review of Sailor Circus

Sailor Circus
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Sailor Circus in Sarasota, Florida is known worldwide as "The Greatest 'Little' Show on Earth." Sailor Circus Academy is one of the top circus schools in the USA. More than a hundred students from Sailor Circus Academy perform for the public in full-length circus shows. You'll see circus acts on the high wire, hand balancing, flying trapeze, juggling, clowning and much more. Great family entertainment! Circus classes and lessons are available year-round for children and adults who want to get into the act!
Lakewood Ranch, Florida
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“What a Thrill!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Took the granddaughters, aged 9 and 11, here during their spring break and gave them the usual talk..."don't know how good this will be...be patient...etc". WOW! Their eyes were like saucers as they watched kids in grades 4-12 perform just like the pros! It was breathtaking! High wire! Trapeze! Unbelievable! Why did I wait so long. The granddaughters, who live in North Carolina, hope this will be an annual spring break event. Unfortunately, I believe it is only held one week in the Spring. If you are in the area, don't miss it! And, it was only $16pp. What a bargain for 2 hours of complete entertainment.

1 Thank Charlene B

Sarasota, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Children of all ages...”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I make this an annual event and it always inspires me!
I love seeing even the littlest children (8-9 yrs old participate
in acts of increasing difficulty and daring. When it comes to
the hi-wire act, I always hold my breath in suspense, and admire the expertise of the high school student performers.
A great value and a joy to watch!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Linda S
North Fort Myers, Florida
100 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 125 helpful votes
“A Great Little Circus”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This was our first time attending this event. The kids (ages 6-18) were amazing. They presented a very professional show. We were surprised that the first half was 75 minutes before intermission. The 2nd half was an hour. The kids were very energetic and never a dull moment. Too bad the season ends in early April. Great entertainment for $14.

1 Thank sunfun4850
Blackstone, Virginia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Enjoyed the talent”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My parents treated us to seeing the circus and except for the fact that it was hot as h*** in the "tent" we enjoyed the show. They have to get some kind of air conditioning or circulation of sorts in there. It was VERY WARM on a night where the high hadn't even reached 80 degrees. That said, the talent of the children was amazing and their skills and perseverance was not wasted on us. KUDOS SAILOR CIRCUS PERFORMERS!!!!

Maryland
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“These Kids Did a Great Performance”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I really enjoyed the Sailor Circus. It is a circus put on by a circus school for 4th - 12th graders. If you go knowing it is a performance by kids, I don't see how you could be disappointed. There were more than a hundred performers, from the littlest 4th graders to high school students who would graduate this year.

I was impressed with the ability of the kids. Was it as polished as Ringling Brothers or another professional circus? No, was it as enjoyable, absolutely. The show was much longer and more varied than I expected. There was live and recorded music. They sold food, popcorn, hot dogs, cotton candy, drinks at all reasonable prices. Absolutely worth the time to see it and the money it cost to purchase tickets. I went with our 5 year old. He enjoyed it, but I think the length of the performance was a little long for him. But his parents really enjoyed it. These kids really work hard to learn these skills.

Maybe it is not cool enough to go to if you are a teen. But elementary age children, their parents, other adults, grandparents would all enjoy it. It was corny, but so what, that is part of the show. If your kids are teens, and too cool to enjoy seeing other kids and teens performing, than take them to Cirque Du Soleil and pay $100 per ticket. We paid $16 adult/ $8 child and really got our money's worth.

Visited March 2013