“Turtles and seals and birds, oh my!”

Mote Marine Laboratory and Aquarium
Book In Advance
More Info
$49.00*
and up
Mysteries of Native Florida Hike
Ranked #5 of 143 things to do in Sarasota
More attraction details
Owner description: Located at the Mote Marine Laboratory, this is home to a 135,000 gallon outdoor shark tank and many other marine species.
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We had a lovely full afternoon touring the Mote Aquarium, Rehab hospital, and the Save our Seabirds facility. If you like critters of all types, you will have fun seeing some rare and elusive birds, fish, and mammals, plus catch the shows and feedings!

2  Thank snivvy

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Good 2 to 3 hours at this research center and the nearby bird refuge/rehab facility. My teen really enjoyed this

3  Thank llstrom
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This was a really neat local experience which exhibited aquatic creatures in their local habitat. I highly recommend viewing the Sea Lions. They were very entertaining!

3  Thank bluefrogs32
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I love this aquarium. Have visited 3 different occasions and the kids love it. It's always a learning experience here for them and for me. Definitely will return!!

3  Thank Rachelluv900
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Yeah, really enjoyed the aquarium...but didn't enjoy getting charged twice. DONT LET THEM SCAN YOUR CARD MORE THAN ONCE! the man said there shouldnt be a problem, and if there was, I could email them and they would fix it. I emailed them and never got a response. Shame on you! I would have called, but I was in the middle of Alaska and had no phone I could use or cell service. So maybe you should look into that problem eh?

I did like you aquarium, minus you had one dolphin and everything cost so much. But the whole charging me twice and not even responding to my email, bad business.

Ps your turtles looks depressed.

And you charge for the birds? Ugh, the birds were not worth it.

2  Thank Valerie W