“Fantastic!”
Review of Drunken Poet Cafe

Drunken Poet Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Drunken Poet Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #295 of 1,031 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Thai
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Orange Street
Belmar, New Jersey
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My first culinary experience in Sarasota FL and it was a very promising beginning. The food was fantastic the service was great everything was fresh and tasty. The mango and sticky rice dessert was phenomenal make sure you make it to dessert :).

Visited February 2013

Sarasota, Florida
“Better Thai and better service elsewhere ..”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My husband and I took my son and his gf here for son's birthday dinner - we were highly disappointed . Our server seated us, so to speak, by pointing at the table he wanted us to sit at - which had no silverware , sauces and only one napkin - which I was not sure if it was a clean or used napkin . We got menus but then it took at least 10 minutes for him to come back for drink orders . Our server spoke hardly any English , did not go over any specials or make any recommendations at all - took orders and bailed . I ordered Pad Thai and everyone else ordered sushi and my food came out at least 7-10 minutes before the rest of the table . Very frustrating . We never got drink refills because once he dropped the food off we never saw him again. Isan Thai has much better Pad Thai and Thai Wasabi has delicious sushi - and both those places have efficient friendly service - don't bother with this place . Just doesn't live up to the hype !

• Visited March 2013
Fort Mill, South Carolina
“Spicy Thai in a Funky Atmosphere”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Our Sarasota friends took us to Drunken Poet - an unlikely sounding restaurant, but a great place for a vegan or vegetarian to have a fulling meal at a reasonable price. My hubby and I had Thai food, and our friends opted for curries. Food is on the spicy side but very, very good. I've always had Pad Thai in restaurants, but their version was so good that it has inspired me to create my own! A restaurant i would definitely visit again.

Visited March 2013
florida
“Saw some negative reviews, but not what I found”
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

So we were wandering around Main Street , Sarasota, Sunday afternoon, just before all the restaurants were opening for dinner.
We passed this unassuming place three times, the small entrance kind of put us off.
I like Thai food, so we gave it try, it was a great decision.
First of all it's pretty big inside and a little trendy, that's good!
Our server, Asian, maybe Thai herself, was fantastic. We gave her the third degree on the food choices, we finally settles on crispy duck, and naturally pad Thai , the duck was a home run, the pad Thai was traditional and very good.
The server must have checked on us five or six times, but in a very nice and unimposing manner.
My wife ordered a glass of wine, and after a sip, really did not like it, the server replaced it with a much better choice without a second of hesitation.
I will return here on my next trip to Sarasota.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Amazing sushi and Thai food in a warm and friendly setting!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I had dinner with my sister and 2 friends at the Drunken Poet last weekend in Sarasota and everything was delicious! They have a great menu with some really creative sushi rolls, including our favorite Lobster Roll! We had one and then loved it so much we ordered a second one! We also shared pad thai and a sexy man roll and two great desserts. We couldn't have been happier with all of our choices. They have a huge list of cold saki from all of the regions of Japan and we shared a bottle. A great spot for a casual dinner! Don't miss it when visiting Sarasota!

• Visited March 2013