“Recommendable”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2014

We went to this restaurant after we have seen many people sitting outside during lunch time and we were satisfied. The portions were large and the taste of the food very good. The price compared to the quality and quantity of the food was reasonable. The outdoor space is really nice and in the shade. We can really recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Normally, Café Americano is much better that what we experienced lately. It is off-season and we wanted to eat early because of a theater commitment. There was on other couple and sufficient wait staff to take care of both tables. Apparently, they could not get into gear. While the food was good, the service was quite bad. Lack of management I would guess. Shape up, or your patrons are going to vote with their feet.

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Entire time didn't know who are server was. They brought out my plate well before my wife's, so I had to sit there and wait while my food went cold. Over salted eggs, bad coffee.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

We had lunch there and enjoyed everything so returned for dinner. We were delighted with the food. I had black linguini with clams, shrimp, mussels, and scallops. My husband had angel hair with shrimp. Service and food was truly exceptional from the freshly grated cheese topping our dishes to the perfectly foamed cappucinos and tasty biscotti we finished with. We dined inside where the tables were set with crisp white tablecloths. Servings were quite ample with lots of seafood, enough that I was able to take some home. Prices very reasonable. Restaurant is casual with a nice covered outdoor space. Waitstaff is friendly and knowledgeable about the menu.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Had dinner here in the past and vowed never to return, but friends kept telling us that the new owners had really turned the place around and that the food is authentic Italian. It seems to be true. I had carbonara, which was prepared just as it was in Rome. Exceptional bread pudding The waiter recommended a Montepulciano, which turned out to be delightful. Service was a bit slow, but it was the night of the July 4 parade and the restaurant was crowded and the waiters were overextended.