Tripadvisor
Search

“Great Italian Sub ”

Gecko's Grill & Pub
Ranked #262 of 1,146 Restaurants in Sarasota
Description: The Original Gecko's was established by Mike & Mike just down the street in 1992. Our newest location at Stickney Point & 41 embraces our heritage of being known for hosting great game watching parties, family celebrations & award-winning Happy Hours. Located just south of the Stickney Point Bridge on US 41 at the Gateway to Siesta Key, Gecko's Stickney Point offers a spacious, newly renovated Sports Bar, our fresh, locally sourced fare, American Pub food with a Gourmet Twist, a full bar, Barrel fresh Wine on Tap, and a patio with outside seating. Visit our Facebook page!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We eat here everytime we come to Sarasota...Normally we'll eat outside on their patio but this time we ate inside in a booth...I had the best Italian Sub ever..
The menu actually calls it an Italian Grinder...It also came with delicious French Fries...My wife loved her "Chicken Thumbs"...They remind me of chicken strips but bigger...The service was great and the restaurant was very clean...If you enjoy watching sports they have plenty of TVs!!! Overall I highly recommend this restaurant!!!!!!

Date of visit: January 2020
GHospitality, General Manager at Gecko's Grill & Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for the Five-Star review and we agree, the Gecko's Grinder is incredible! It was our pleasure to serve you and your wife and look forward to seeing you on your next visit! Many thanks

Write a reviewReviews (106)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

First, servers and staff were great. Place was clean and inviting. But - Went in for a bite, my partner stated she wanted wings. Menu boldly advertised "Jumbo Wings" which I always see as a warning sign, which I related to her. She ordered them. They were disqusting. Artificially large, fatty, and tasted as bad as they looked. I took one bite, my partner tried. but quit halfway through her second wing. We were miffed that they would serve something like that.

Date of visit: January 2020
GHospitality, Owner at Gecko's Grill & Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Rick, thank you for taking the time to write to us and we are pleased to hear the service and atmosphere lived up to our reputation.
Since we rarely receive complaints, your email is taken seriously by us. I want to offer you my personal apology...on behalf of all of us at the Gecko's Hospitality Group family of restaurants...for your disappointment in our wings. GHG strives on a daily basis to provide exceptional service, fresh food, and warm hospitality to our guests; it is the standard by which we have built our business over the past three decades. I can assure you that your input will be shared with our Owners and management and addressed internally.
Please know that our Managers want you to be happy; they are always on the floor and available to address any of our guests’ needs right then and there. Feel free to ask for a Manager if there is anything we can do to make your experience better when you are with us in the restaurant.
Thank you for being our valued guest and for your input.

Reviewed January 13, 2020 via mobile

Had supper ther today place was crazy busy we both had there shrimp blt sandwich it was excellent service was good
and friendly

Date of visit: January 2020
GHospitality, Owner at Gecko's Grill & Pub, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2020

Thank you Doug, and we look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed January 13, 2020 via mobile

Greatest $5 burger and side in town. Deliciously grilled, add cheese or bacon for $1. You may have to wait for a table during season. Other great menu items such as the Chicken Frisco Sandwich and the Cobb Salad! There are plenty of Gecko’s around the Sarasota area! Try one any night. Great Trivia Nights offered at locations, as well!

Date of visit: January 2020

David, thank you for taking the time to share your review! We look forward to seeing you again soon and appreciate your business.

Reviewed November 15, 2019 via mobile

If you haven’t been to a Gecko’s your missing out on some great food. I like this location because it has a big bar outside. Dining inside or out the food is great and the portions are large. I go for the burgers , best in town and I get them the way I like them cooked. For the first timers go on Burger Monday’s, $5 burger and fries.

Date of visit: November 2019