Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport
$138
$129
$189
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
$119
$150
$144
HotelIndigo.com
$379
  • Restaurant
Comfort Suites Sarasota(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
$108
$143
$113
$219
$190
All reviewsindoor poolsarasota airportfire pitbunk bedsopen atriumglass elevatorfront desksteam roomhot tubbeautiful hotelbreakfast buffetrooms are cleanthe entire staffbusiness centercommon areasyogurtminute drive
Reviewed October 21, 2010

Our stay was over the evening of October 19-20. Despite the fact that we checked-in early in the afternoon, the hotel staff was more than accommodating in getting us settled in our rooms in a very timely manner. I had some work to do in the room that required that I receive some faxes. Marshall, the young man that checked us in, went out of his way to ensure that I received them just moments after they arrived. The restaurant, recommended to us by an associate, did not disappoint. Craig, the bartender/waiter, was upbeat and jovial, and he attended to us at a very comfortable pace. We did not feel rushed, nor did we wait for an inordinate amount of time for orders. He handled the customers with grace and aplomb. We had requested a late check-out because of our airline departure schedule, and once again, Marshall came through for us, re-coded our keys for the "after 11:00 am" period, and simply helped us to have as smooth a transition of Sarasota hotel, any hotel actually, as possible. When I did go to the lobby to check-out, there was a lady ahead of me conducting business with another Front Desk Representative. Marshall was in the atrium area helping to arrange the floor for their first anniversary celebration that evening (I wish I could have stayed!). When he saw me waiting to turn-in the key, he stopped what he was doing, came over to the front desk and handled my departure completely on his own initiative. This particular Holiday Inn is a showplace for both the physical plant, as well as the entire staff that knows the meaning of hospitality and practices it to the fullest. I recommended the place to the fellows arriving that afternoon to replace us in our duties. I trust that they were as impressed as I with the experience.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank kcvogel
hisrqgm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2010

Thank you so very much for your review of the holiday Inn sarasota airport. We appreciate your business and proud to be serving you. Marshal and the rest of the team are so excited to hear these positive comments from you.
Best Regards
Mohammad Gharavi

Reviewed September 14, 2010

I travel about 15 weeks out of the year and have stayed in anywhere from 2 star to 4 star hotels. I originally booked this unit on Hotwire and saw it was a Holiday Inn and was a little concerned. Upon arriving, all I could say was WOW! I found it was NOTHING like a Holiday Inn it was more of a Hyatt Place on Steriods!

The front desk is very friendly, you may meet Jamie and Nadine which took very good care of me on my ck in. I then looked left into the open atrium open which has beautiful glass balconies,the color scheme flows very well with the south beach decor,it even has a large restaurant/ bar with big screens everywhere and unbeIievable food! Jimmy, the main bar tender is so good the locals stop by to say HI....good guy. You may also meet Jessica or Aubrey to serve you.

This place is more of a family atmoshere not a "dry" hotel. it literally has everything a family or business traveler would need..free wireless in the rooms, a GREAT gym not a rinky dink gym like most hotels, wet and dry sauna with indoor pool, outside sitting area off the pool and restaurant, free parking, and laudry machines on each floor. Hotwire states this is a 3 star hotel I would say not at all it is at least a 3.5 star at a minmum, this hotel in another other location would be 50% higher. take advantage of the low rates this is a GREAT FIND for travelers that are budget conscious that wants a very nice place to stay. enjoy!

Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2010

This hotel revives the atrium design of the late 1960's, complete with glass- enclosed elevators floating up and down one wall. But from here on, the concept unravels.

The color scheme is mildly disturbing: Fuschia, mustard, turquoise, purple, and rust assert themselves in stripes, circles and bubbles on the carpet. LED lights play on the atrium walls in neon colors fading from blue to pink to green.

Furniture in the atrium lobby is oversized and angular; if it could talk it would say, “Reserved for giants only.”

Rooms are on display to anyone standing on the same level on the opposite side of the atrium whenever entering or exiting the room.

Problems with the room:

There was a smell like burning hair coming from the A/C when we arrived in the room. When we called the desk we were reassured there was no cause for alarm; it had been a problem off and on since the hotel opened.

On our bed were two pairs of pillows. Although one pair was labeled “firm” and the other was labeled “soft,” there was no difference whatsoever! It would be accurate, however, to describe them as “lumpy.”

The comforter was tucked in at the foot of the bed and folded back, but when we unfolded it, it covered only 2/3 of the bed - a new twist on short-sheeting.

The sheets had a suspiciously slippery feel. On inspection, their tags revealed a content of 45% polyester.

In the bathroom, the space-grabbing, top-mounted vessel sink left little room for toiletries. There was not tub, only a large, walk-in shower.

The toilet tissue holder was mounted inconveniently far back on the side of the sink cabinet.

Noise:

During the early part of the evening, strange female vocalizations emanated from the vent in the bathroom. From midnight until 3am, we were repeatedly awakened by sounds of laughing and shrieking from guests around the fire pit, five stories below our window. Around 4am, we were awakened by a series of loud crashes, this time above us, as if a large adult was jumping off the bed. Or dropping weights!

Our stay at this hotel was strangely disorienting; we were relieved to drive away.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
hisrqgm, Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2010

Thank you so much for your comments, we have been open in this location for about a year and have had numerous accolades and awards for our modern and organic design and colors. I will certainly forward your comments to our interior designers to consider in future projects. Following are some recent comments made in the media about holiday Inn Sarasota airport.
• A six-story atrium that reaches to the roof of the building acsented with a story tall waterfall.
• An indoor pool with a nearby sauna and steam room. The pool is also connected to a spa that offers everything from massages and facials to manicures and pedicures.
• A South Beach-themed outdoor dining and bar area with a fire pit and a cigar humidor. “We wanted to bring South Beach here without the beach,”
• At least five family suites, each of which has a second room for kids decked out with bunk beds and a video game player to go with the 37-inch high-def TV set.
• Custom-made bathroom mirrors with specialized lights in every guest room. Finally, the hotel restaurant is an upgrade over the traditional airport hotel eatery. Run by well-known local chef Darrell Mizell, it includes chairs made out of basketball material and nine 50-inch high-def TV sets. Mizell was the executive chef of the Summerhouse Restaurant on Longboat Key and has worked for several other local hotspots.

Reviewed September 2, 2010

I stayed at this hotel just so I could go eat at a local restaurant. My husband and I picked this hotel just for the indoor pool. We went to the pool and my kids got sick from the overuse of cholorine. I told the front desk my daughter got physically sick and they didn't care or ask where (if they had to clean it up). My husband and son started to cough so bad they had to go outside to get fresh air. My contacts started to burn in my eyes. I called and complained and no-one called me back to check on our health. If you are choosing this hotel for the pool DON'T!
I will admit the rooms were very nice and the restaurant had good food (you pay alot for a little food though).

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank EBAlvarez
Reviewed September 2, 2010

The hotel is new and modern. We had a great day and would recommend this hotel to anybody!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple