All reviews indoor pool sarasota airport fire pit front desk steam room breakfast buffet hot tub beautiful hotel rooms are clean the entire staff business center king bed yogurt dylan compton lobby elevator
Selected filters
Reviewed April 25, 2019

We recently booked two nights at this hotel on the recommendations of other tripadvisor folks and boy were we happy we did. The rooms are updated, clean and very, I mean very comfortable beds. Close to all the beautiful beaches and great room for the price. Will be back to stay again!

1  Thank Cynthia B
Reviewed April 18, 2019 via mobile

Came to Sarasota after being in NY City for 3 nights at a Residence Inn. My room at Holiday Inn is more than twice the size and less than half the price and I don’t feel like I’m getting ripped off. Plus Mark and everyone else at the front desk and all the hotel personnel are friendly and professional.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 7, 2019 via mobile

The overall appearance and cleanliness of the room was good. However the beds were way too high for us to get in and out of. I have elderly parents who had problems getting up in the high beds. My mom had to use the stool just to get up into the bed. Then I had asked for a handicap room and they said that they’re at the end of the hallway the furthest away from the elevator. Why would you put elderly and handicapped people the furthest away from the elevator. The breakfast was good but not included in the price of the hotel. There is not much to do anywhere around the hotel. The staff was very nice and helpful to my parents in the morning for breakfast time. I would not recommend this hotel for people with back problems, knee problems, elderly people or people traveling with small children.

Trip type: Traveled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2019

rube65,

I understand you were traveling with your parents, and I'm very sorry that our room set-up fell below your expectations. If you have stayed at a Holiday Inn before, and I'm sure you know that making all guests feel welcomed is second to none to us. I'm very sorry for the shortcomings. Don't worry though as I've already gotten in touch with the hotel about this. They'll make sure that appropriate actions are taken to improve the quality of their accommodations.

We promise a better stay next time, so I hope give us another try!

All the best,

Joel A
Case manager
IHGService

Reviewed April 2, 2019

Friendly registration staff, love the hot tub and warming up next to gas campfire...Great price for last minute booking! Hate they forced us out of hot tub at 10pm. We are adults they should extend it for adults only.

Room tip: no good views...so doesn't matter where yoru room is....
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
David A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2019

Thanks so much for your recent business, and taking the time to share your feedback. We're glad you enjoyed the fire-pit and pool areas!

Reviewed March 19, 2019

All was good except door to adjoining room had no threshold, so light and conversations came through clear and loud. Solved problem by stuffing extra pillows at the base of the door. Other than that, all was good. Good breakfast food, pleasant shuttle driver to airport, good seafood restaurant within walking distance. Enjoyed killing time walking through New College campus to see Sarasota Bay.

Date of stay: March 2019
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2019

Hi Tom S!

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed walking around. As you have seen, we are just minutes away from the "white sugar" beaches of the Gulf Of Mexico and area attractions, plus you will be right in the center of Sarasota's Cultural hub. We are always happy to provide the joy of travel for all. What could go wrong with a hearty breakfast and an accommodating ride to the airport? I appreciate you acknowledging our hardworking driver.

I know it could have been perfect if not for the audible sound coming through the room. Our hotel will look into soundproofing to ensure that unnecessary disturbance is avoided.

It was our pleasure to make you smile and we're hoping you'll return. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn!

All the best,