“Not worth the money”

Key Sailing
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed November 2, 2012

The kid was good natured, but I think mom needs to ease up on the Christian adventure stories and dad needs to take himself a little less seriously. These are not the people you want to be spending time with in close-quarters. I realize that not every excursion can be paradise, but I think it's important to let others know when it's far from it.

4  Thank Traveling T

Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is a family operated business out of Sarasota. We opted for the 2 hour sunset cruise and joined 4 other people. We had a wonderful experience and totally enjoyed this. The captain and his son showed you around the boat and made you feel right at home. The provided snakes and even played guitar. While we were sailing we saw a few dolphins which came along side the ship and swam under and few times. We felt totally safe, the ship was in excellent condition and the crew had a huge amount of experience sailing. Cost was just 55.00 per person and is well worth the expense. We of course included a nice tip. I would highly recommend this if you like to sail!

floridaglobetrotters, Owner at Key Sailing, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Glad you enjoyed the SNACKS and GUITAR. (Chocolate is standard, but live music only happens when our son is First Mate.) And while DOLPHIN do not make an appearance on every cruise, and we can never promise a sighting, we are equally delighted that YOU were able to view wildlife during your sunset experience.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We visited Siesta Key for our honeymoon in March (slow to getting around to a review...) While we were there we just wanted to relax! We decided to do a sunset sailboat cruise but wanted something less commercial so we thought this was a great option. Apparently cruises book up way in advance, but Jan was very accommodating and was able to find us a time where we could take a sunset trip. Our time on the sailboat was very relaxing and beautiful. We got to sit up on the bow so even though there were 4 other people, we felt like it was just the two of us. The sunset was absolutely beautiful as well and Jan kindly took pictures for us to remember our experience. I would highly recommend this for a fun yet relaxing date night. Two hours was a great length of trip for us and we enjoyed speaking with Tim and Jan about our lives and their happiness and love of life is quite contagious!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Sailing with Tim and Jan Solomon aboard the Key Breeze 41 foot sailboat is an experience you don't want to miss! With years of sailing experience, as well as being world travelers, they are knowledgeable as well as delightful company. On the day we sailed the winds that morning were perfect so we were able to truly "sail" without using the motor. It was heavenly! We saw dolphins and a lot of interesting sights and the time went much too fast. Their motto "Fresh Air, Fine Chocolates, and a few hours of Peace on Earth" soothes the soul. No wonder they have won so many distinguished awards. We will definitely sail with them again the next time we are in Florida.

1  Thank Susan S
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I truly cannot say enough or articulate how special and amazing our experience was. Jan and Tim's personalities, professionalism and experience are beyond reproach and Jan is pretty handy with a camera :)

My other half of 14 years and I booked an early morning sail time in hopes of catching wildlife up and on the move for breakfast; we weren't disappointed. Tim answered all of our silly questions about yachts, boating, sailing (we know nothing!), and was able to tell me about all of the properties we could see but that I will never own (haha). Jan was gracious enough to grab Starbucks on they way, prop us up on comfy pillows and allow us to relax (and laugh, and laugh some more).

My only regret was not booking a longer sail... won't make that mistake again!
Hands down, best part of my birthday trip last year (and we sailed just after ugly Rita took a turn and spared the area from a nasty one).