“A Little Slice of Heaven, Docked Right Here on Earth...”
Review of Key Sailing

Key Sailing
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
buffalo
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“A Little Slice of Heaven, Docked Right Here on Earth...”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I truly cannot say enough or articulate how special and amazing our experience was. Jan and Tim's personalities, professionalism and experience are beyond reproach and Jan is pretty handy with a camera :)

My other half of 14 years and I booked an early morning sail time in hopes of catching wildlife up and on the move for breakfast; we weren't disappointed. Tim answered all of our silly questions about yachts, boating, sailing (we know nothing!), and was able to tell me about all of the properties we could see but that I will never own (haha). Jan was gracious enough to grab Starbucks on they way, prop us up on comfy pillows and allow us to relax (and laugh, and laugh some more).

My only regret was not booking a longer sail... won't make that mistake again!
Hands down, best part of my birthday trip last year (and we sailed just after ugly Rita took a turn and spared the area from a nasty one).

Visited October 2011

Roanoke, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A great way to propose.”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

While searching for a way to propose to my girl, I ran across the idea of chartering a sailboat. We live in Virginia & were planning a trip to the Tampa area. I had no idea what I was getting in to. Jan & Tim were great from start to finish. Jan gave me great suggestions on how to best enjoy the experience. She took great pictures for us and made us feel very much at home and comfortable. Although, our charter was for a marriage proposal, I would recommend this experience to anyone. Very peaceful and what a beautiful bay!
Rick R.
Roanoke, Va.

Visited September 2012
Sarasota
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“What a lovely marriage venue”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Loved the entire experience. Jan and Tim are gracious hosts. Tim performed a touching ceremony, and Jan tended to the details of our sail (chocolates, flowers, etc.) We had a beautiful wedding, wonderful sail, and an overall great time. We hope our marriage is as loving as Jan and Tim's after 35 years. We will return just to spend time on the water with friends and family. Highly recommend!!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Candy T
Chicago, Illinois
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“What a lovely afternoon sail”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Key sailing was the #1 listing on Tripadvisor, so we decided to give it a try. We originally planned for yesterday, but the weather was iffy so we mutually postponed to this afternoon. It ended up being a lovely afternoon, and the rain held off until an hour after our return, so we had perfect wind and sun. My friend booked the trip, and by the time we arrived she had communicated with Tim's wife at least a dozen times, but she didn't join us on the sail. Instead Tim, and and young friend took us out and offered the perfect amount of interaction. My husband steered the boat most of the trip, and enjoyed that immensely. The rest of us relaxed and enjoyed the experience. We were offered sodas, chips and chocolates, cushions to sit on the bow, and felt extremely pampered. There was enough wind to zip along, and occasionally heel a bit, but never so much that we felt at risk. We had the choice of booking the whole boat for $330 for the 2 hour trip, or paying $55 each for a group rate, with the possibility that others would join us. We were 4 people and opted for the group rate, since they said they limit the group to 6, and in the end no one joined us so we got a good deal. It was our most fun afternoon in Sarasota, and I highly recommend using them. They were very much on top of the weather, with Tim checking radar throughout our sail. We felt safe, comfortable, and had fun.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Laura F
floridaglobetrotters, Owner at Key Sailing, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
It was delightful to meet you at the dock and introduce you to one of our wonderful summer interns, whose family serves as mission relief workers in Guatemala. And yes, we do keep close tabs on the weather, especially this time of year. Glad you enjoyed the sail. We can't control the wind, but my husband certainly knows how to harness it.
Sarasota, Florida, United States
“Best way to relax and enjoy Sarasota!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Had a chance to join a group on this lovely boat. Relaxing time on the water. Even though it was hot, the breeze on the water made it very comfortable. I was very interested in sailing and the captain had plenty of facts and knowledge to share. Even let me work on the sails and guide the boat for awhile. Highly recommend!

Visited July 2012