“Best way to relax and enjoy Sarasota!”
Review of Key Sailing

Key Sailing
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Sarasota, Florida, United States
“Best way to relax and enjoy Sarasota!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Had a chance to join a group on this lovely boat. Relaxing time on the water. Even though it was hot, the breeze on the water made it very comfortable. I was very interested in sailing and the captain had plenty of facts and knowledge to share. Even let me work on the sails and guide the boat for awhile. Highly recommend!

Visited July 2012

“Sunset sailing”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

This was the most fun and especially relaxing time my husband and I have had in a long time! There were two other couples on the boat with us. We were treated like family from the second we arrived. Since everybody arrived early we set sail right away. I loved how Stephen (deckhand?-) and his father, Tim (the captain) bantered back and forth-They were both so funny and full of fun facts. Stephen set everybody at ease with his sweet and disarming personality and kept us laughing. After serving us chocolates and drinks Stephen gave the couples time to relax as he strummed his guitar quietly. Between the sunset, beautiful music and chocolate I felt like I was in Heaven! We were able to watch a beautiful lightning storm in the clouds on the way back. It was the perfect combination of meeting new people but we were given space to feel like we were the only ones on the ship as well. It was beautiful. The ship was clean and well taken care of. I can't wait to send my dad and his wife out. I highly reccomend this to anybody visiting the area who would like to experience true relaxation and the beauty of the bay. the family who own this seem like genuinly good people. Absolutely excellent! We will do again!

“Perfect Afternoon Sailing”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My husband and I went with family and friends on an outing with Key Sailing. The weather was great and the boat was perfect. It is a large boat that fit us all very comfortably. We had fun relaxing under the shady bimini top and also laying out on the sunny deck up front. My husband grew up sailing and really enjoyed speaking with the Tim and Steve about their boat and the ins and outs of sailing. All in all it was a wonderful afternoon and we can't wait to do it again!

“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

The captain and crew were welcoming in every way. The view is absolutely beautiful. They are accomodating and knowledgeable. An excellent way to sail! I would highly recommend using them if you are interested in this experience.

Aurora, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Didn't Work for Us”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I see that most people enjoyed the experience, but we didn't get it. Making the reservation and getting on board was easy, but from there it never really took off for us. The snacks offered were Pringles, cans of soda and a dish of home made cookies. The boat was OK, but below deck was pretty cluttered and not too clean. The thing that was probably the most disappointing was that Jan seemed to be more focused on sharing her life story and when we didn't fully engage, she disappeared below and spent most of the trip conducting other business. She did offer some pillows but these were actually pretty old and not too comfy. Tim was nice and did offer some sailing insight, but the out and back trip didn't really provide much of an opportunity. He also took some time to conduct personal business on his cell phone and pretty much left us to our Pringles. Finally, the price. For $330 there were so many other recreation options that we found more enjoyable such as Kayak rentals and motor boat rentals that allowed us to go at our own pace and enjoy the views. Obviously most people enjoyed this experience, but I'd suggest you know what you are getting before committing to the investment.

6 Thank Family_Traveler_65
floridaglobetrotters, Owner at Key Sailing, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Thank you for offering input on your private cruise that will help us provide a better experience for future guests. We strive to strike that balance between connecting with guests and then leaving them alone to enjoy time with family. We are sincerely sorry it didn't work for you. We also personalize snack selection and will make a note to mention this to each guest in advance. And we have ordered new cushions, which is something we do several times a year anyway.

Our goal is to customize to the needs of all guests, whether they are joining a group or chartering the whole yacht. We want guests to feel like they are sailing with friends, who are here to make their special day as special as possible, and we are committed to raising the bar of excellence in the future.