“Cool place to hang out” 4 of 5 bubbles

Smokin' Joe's Pub
Ranked #566 of 1,026 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television
WESLEY CHAPEL
“Cool place to hang out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

My wife wanted to find a place to hangout on a rainy day....and shoot pool. Found this place from the web and glad we did. And we did just that...old pool table and then sat outside on the patio.... Simple bar with lots of TVs and a nice cigar humidor to find a nice selection of cigars. Beer is cold, drinks are good. Not very fancy. Nice place to have a drink and a smoke.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank TampaTraveler4Fun

Sarasota, Florida
“O.K. if indeed you are a smoker”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

As it's name suggests this is a great bar for those of the population who still are slaves to nicotine. Can be really noisy and it can be a while to et served but it has great atmosphere and is like going back 30 years in time.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SrqMike
“Best bar in the area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

We have been coming to Joe's three years now. When we first started coming it was a less popular bar and it has since gained a lot of attention. We enjoy the setting, the ability to play our own music (Jukebox), and the staff. The bartenders, bouncers and bar backs have always been helpful and our prompt with our drinks.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Stephanie E
Sarasota, Florida
“Love the selcection of Cigars”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

Always busy. Bar seems to have a variety of wine, beer and spirits.

Music can be too loud at time.

Cigar choices the best in area at reasonable prices.

Friendly staff.......

Visited December 2013
“Bad experience with staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Went there last Friday night, place was packed and everything was good. Then an altercation broke out in the middle of the bar between two patrons . The bartender Kyle jumped the bar and choked one of the aggressors by the throat and shoved him into the crowd. I was talking to two girls who I got shoved into because of this, the bartender ended up shoving me and the girls I was with across the floor and then knocking my drink out of my hand, breaking the glass.

No one from the staff apologized or replaced my drink. Thankfully I'm a sizable guy, someone smaller than me could have been hurt.

4 Thank Mike H