“Love the selcection of Cigars”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Smokin' Joe's Pub

Smokin' Joe's Pub
Ranked #570 of 1,029 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television
Sarasota, Florida
“Love the selcection of Cigars”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

Always busy. Bar seems to have a variety of wine, beer and spirits.

Music can be too loud at time.

Cigar choices the best in area at reasonable prices.

Friendly staff.......

Visited December 2013

“Bad experience with staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Went there last Friday night, place was packed and everything was good. Then an altercation broke out in the middle of the bar between two patrons . The bartender Kyle jumped the bar and choked one of the aggressors by the throat and shoved him into the crowd. I was talking to two girls who I got shoved into because of this, the bartender ended up shoving me and the girls I was with across the floor and then knocking my drink out of my hand, breaking the glass.

No one from the staff apologized or replaced my drink. Thankfully I'm a sizable guy, someone smaller than me could have been hurt.

4 Thank Mike H
Venice, Florida
“Really great bar but....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

I really like Smokin joes, great atmosphere, awesome music but there is one bartender named Kyle. He has been really unfriendly and rude the last two times we have been in there. I have asked several times for a drink and he deliberately ignores me, and then when I finally do get his attention he gives me an attitude and gets my drink order wrong. In my opinion, thats a horrible bartender, you need to have good memory to have that job and good customer service. Nice bar though, but get rid of Kyle.

• Visited November 2013
4 Thank Paul H
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Huge fan of Joe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have always been a fan of Joes. I kind of liked it better when they only served beer and wine, because you could go in and watch a game in peace, even on a Friday or Saturday. It would never get so crowded that you couldn't find a seat. However, ever since they got their full liquor license, they get horribly crowded on the weekends, making it harder to enjoy. That said, it's become a great night scene outside of being a sports/cigar bar. That's great, but it was always a place for me to sit back and have a cigarette or cigar (when I used to smoke) a couple of beers, and watch the Mets lose...again.

Anyway, enough nostalgia. This time...and last time actually...my girlfriend and I came here to watch a Florida State game. It was Saturday at 8, so I would have thought it would be busier, especially for a huge Florida game. But, it wasn't close to busy, so we were able to grab a seat right at a TV and enjoy the first half.

Great things about Joes - lots of TVs, including individual TV's at the cocktail tables. They have a patio, and the wall opens up as well (though for some reason, it was a beautiful night, but they had it closed). They have a pool table, though not a great one because one side is so close to the wall, you can't make any kind of shot. They have a couple of video games, including Golden Tee which is obviously a must. An internet juke box, too.

They are a cigar bar, and they have a reasonable selection. Since they don't serve food, you can smoke as much as you please.

Their beer and liquor prices are very reasonable. You can get a cocktail for under $10, and in many cases, it's more like $5-$7, and you aren't drinking well-garbage.

As for food, you are allowed to bring it in. I strongly recommend a pizza from Pattellinis, which is across the street. Best NY style pizza outside of NY that you can get in the area.

The bartenders are good here. Honestly, they used to be better when I first started going to Sarasota, but those bartenders are all gone. I'm biased since I used to enjoy chatting with the old bartenders (which is unusual for me since I normally hate people). The ones there now are friendly and quick and happy to help adjust a TV channel if needs be.

If you don't mind the smoke - and especially if you do smoke - Joe's is one of the best sports bars in town.

• Visited October 2013
Miami, Florida
“Throwback to good old days”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

What a fun place I came across today as I was walking through downtown Sarasota. I forgot my cigars at home and stopped in for cigar and a drink. Smoking Joe's made me feel very welcome. They have an excellent humidor with Terry good cigars at exceptionally reasonable prices. Being able to have a cigar and a drink in a relaxing spot us a rare delight. I loved thes cool place. Get a shaded outdoor table and relax with your favorite cigar. I am !

• Visited May 2013