All reviews rooftop bar front desk champagne and chocolate covered strawberries valet parking beautiful hotel valet service the shuttle driver bay view within miles rooms are nice i highly recommend this hotel the entire staff pool deck room rate free shuttle checking in lido beach
Selected filters
Reviewed June 14, 2019 via mobile

After waiting on hold twice for reservations to pick up at the Lido Beach Resort, I turned my attention to securing other accommodations. What a great find: the Sarasota Westin. The awesome marina view from my balcony was just the beginning. The pool is located on the top floor with a great rooftop bar that allows for viewing the awesome gulf sunsets we’ve all heard about. Add to that a first class spa (champagne, caviar, and collagen treatment) and a restaurant that had a limited, but delicious menu (steak frites with polenta fries-yum) and polenta pound cake for dessert. Perhaps the unexpected Cherry on the Sundae was a free shuttle service that took you to Lido Beach /Saint Armand Circle for shopping and dining though there are many wonderful restaurants on the Westin side of the bridge.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Gil R, General Manager at The Westin Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello 454ronnied,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to win your business and appreciate the great feedback on our amazing marina views, our fantastic restaurant Evoq, and our best in class SPA. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope to be your hotel of choice when your travels bring you back to the Sarasota market in the very near future!

Be Well!

Reviewed June 13, 2019

I had a wonderful experience at Evoq this evening. From the moment we checked in with Chris, the host, to dessert everything was perfect. Dustin the bartender handled our drink orders with a smile. Rachel, our server, was awesome. Rachel was able to answer all our questions about the menu. The dinner I ordered based upon Rachel’s recommend was delicious. The dessert presentation was amazing. The taste was exquisite. My compliments on an awesome team. They are an asset to the Westin. This was my first visit. It will not be my last.

Hello Kathy F,

Thank you for the amazing review on EVOQ located at the Westin Sarasota. We truly appreciate the great comments and glad that Chris, Dustin, and Rachel exceeded your expectations during your stay with us. All three of these associates are a true pleasure to have on our staff and we're glad that they were able to exceed your expectations.

Thank you once again for the kind words and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Regards,

Reviewed June 10, 2019

I went into the Westin for dinner at the rooftop bar, and ended up being moved into the main dining room on the first floor In the lobby due to heavy lightning.. We ended up being served by Dustin whom was absolutely outstanding, his service was superb , And his knowledge of the menu and specials were very intriguing. He absolutely caught my attention with every aspect of my visit and I will definitely be visiting again with my significant other.

- Jeremy & Miranda

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Gil R, General Manager at The Westin Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2019

Hello Jeremy & Miranda,

Thank you for sharing your great experience on the Westin Sarasota. I agree with you that Dustin is such a great asset to have on our staff and I'm glad that he much such a positive connection with you during your stay.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Sarasota!

Reviewed June 9, 2019

I stay at Marriotts over 10 weeks per year, my experience @ the Westin Sarasota has exceeded my expectations beyond all other stays.

Ryan K. at the front desk is responsible for 99% of my exemplary experience. He went above and beyond where he single handedly spun a 180 on what was yet to become just another long day in the office.

This may very well increase his workload but do yourself a favor and ask for Ryan K. upon check in, he will ensure your weekend/vacation starts off on the right foot.

S

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Scott P

Hello Scott P,

Thank you for your recent contribution to TripAdvisor on the Westin Sarasota! It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and glad that Ryan exceeded your expectations during your stay. Delivering world class service is something that we thrive on and I'm glad that Ryan was able to achieve that expectation with you as our guest.

We truly appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Sarasota!

Reviewed June 8, 2019

The best hotel shower I've ever used. Extremely clean and spacious room. The beds were very comfortable and we had a hard time wanting to leave them in the morning. We had our elderly grandmother with us and our rooms were further down the hallway, so it was a bit of walking for her. We asked Marcia Stokes, at the front desk, if we could possibly get her a closer room to the elevator. Not only did she do this with a smile, but she also changed our room to have a better view and also surprised us with champagne and chocolate strawberries for my girlfriend who was graduating that weekend! She went above and beyond to make it a special weekend for all of us. The rooftop pool is also gorgeous

Room tip: East side overlooks downtown Sarasota. West side rooms face other hotels or the inlet/river/ocean. North side rooms overlook construction
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank DavesFreshlyUsed

Hello DavesFreshlyUsed,

Thank you for the amazing review on the Westin Sarasota! I agree with you that our shower heads are second to none and appreciate your great feedback on our best in class staff and rooftop pool.

Thank you once again for your comments and we hope to be your hotel of choice when your travels bring you back to Sarasota!