All reviews rooftop bar front desk champagne and chocolate covered strawberries valet parking beautiful hotel valet service special thanks the entire staff rooms are nice i highly recommend this hotel room rate free shuttle checking in lido beach marcia amelia spa
Selected filters
Reviewed June 9, 2019

I stay at Marriotts over 10 weeks per year, my experience @ the Westin Sarasota has exceeded my expectations beyond all other stays.

Ryan K. at the front desk is responsible for 99% of my exemplary experience. He went above and beyond where he single handedly spun a 180 on what was yet to become just another long day in the office.

This may very well increase his workload but do yourself a favor and ask for Ryan K. upon check in, he will ensure your weekend/vacation starts off on the right foot.

S

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Scott P
Gil R, General Manager at The Westin Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2019

Hello Scott P,

Thank you for your recent contribution to TripAdvisor on the Westin Sarasota! It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and glad that Ryan exceeded your expectations during your stay. Delivering world class service is something that we thrive on and I'm glad that Ryan was able to achieve that expectation with you as our guest.

We truly appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Sarasota!

Reviewed June 8, 2019

The best hotel shower I've ever used. Extremely clean and spacious room. The beds were very comfortable and we had a hard time wanting to leave them in the morning. We had our elderly grandmother with us and our rooms were further down the hallway, so it was a bit of walking for her. We asked Marcia Stokes, at the front desk, if we could possibly get her a closer room to the elevator. Not only did she do this with a smile, but she also changed our room to have a better view and also surprised us with champagne and chocolate strawberries for my girlfriend who was graduating that weekend! She went above and beyond to make it a special weekend for all of us. The rooftop pool is also gorgeous

Room tip: East side overlooks downtown Sarasota. West side rooms face other hotels or the inlet/river/ocean. North side rooms overlook construction
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank DavesFreshlyUsed

Hello DavesFreshlyUsed,

Thank you for the amazing review on the Westin Sarasota! I agree with you that our shower heads are second to none and appreciate your great feedback on our best in class staff and rooftop pool.

Thank you once again for your comments and we hope to be your hotel of choice when your travels bring you back to Sarasota!

Reviewed June 5, 2019

My family and I have visited the Westin Sarasota multiple times over the last five or six months. Marcia, the manager at the Westin Sarasota, took care of my family and
I and has made sure that every time we come in we are happy. She knows us by name and always greets us with a warm smile and treats us as if we were guests in her home. We are Marriott members and the Marriott family of hotels has a large presence in Sarasota, and the Westin is in the family. There are less expensive options in Sarasota. However, it is because of Marcia that we continue to come back. Everything has been absolutely flawless from the rest of the front end and restaurant staff to the wonderful rooms, the gym, the rooftop pool, and the food. We love it so much that a few times we have even extended our stay! If you go to the Westin Sarasota you are going to love it. We are happy to call this our second home!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Ryan S

Hello Ryan S,

Welcome back to the Westin Sarasota! We truly appreciate your great feedback and glad that Marcia exceeded your expectations during your recent stay with us. While we understand that there are plenty of options in the Sarasota market, its the memorable experiences that makes our hotel so unique and genuine.

Thank you once again for the kind words and It was a pleasure to have you stay with us.

Reviewed June 5, 2019 via mobile

Checked in Sunday June 2nd checked out Tuesday June 4th.
Oscar & Roberto from Valet greeted us and helped us with our bags. Ryan checked us in and was very polite and told me happy birthday. We went to the room and Sandy Torres brought up surprise champagne and chocolate covered strawberries!!!

The view was amazing, the pool bar was amazing, THE SUNSET was AMAZING

The bed was like sleeping on a cloud! The blackout curtains never disappoints!

They have cruiser bikes you can check out and ride around town!

I would 100% stay at the Westin Sarasota again!

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank jessicamP2826RQ
Gil R, General Manager at The Westin Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2019

Hello jessicamP2826RQ,

Hope you had an amazing birthday and thank you for sharing your memorable stay at the Westin Sarasota. We truly appreciate the kind words on our staff and I agree that our heavenly beds is like sleeping on clouds!

Thank you for staying with us during your birthday celebration and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed June 5, 2019

My husband and I were treated like VIPs by Marcia Stokes, Ashley, and Victor. They made sure all of our needs were met. We especially enjoyed going to the pool, restaurant, and bar located on the roof.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Annette S

Hello Annette S,

Thank you for sharing your excellent experience on the Westin Sarasota! Super excited that our dynamic associates exceeded your expectations and that they were able to meet all of your needs. during your stay with us.

We truly appreciate your great feedback and we hope to see you again in the very near future!