TripAdvisor
Search
Open today: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Seamless trip to Roatan

I've never been on a group dive trip before and this may be hard to beat. All accommodations were... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
JayeM42
Dive trip to Roatan

Amazing dive trip! Well organized and everything was taken care of we just had to show up and... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
jessicastich882

Recommended experiences in and around Sarasota
from $50.00
from $60.00
from $49.00
from $42.00
More Info
All reviews dive shop open water dive master dive trip advanced certification blue heron bridge mayan princess mayan divers deep dive an amazing experience great trip dives gear instructor roatan skills tim
Selected filters
Reviewed February 9, 2016

Met Tim at Ginnie Springs for four days of Cave Diving in the area.
We dove Ginnie Springs and Little River during the four day stay.
Tim was awesome to have as a dive buddy. I was working with some new video gear so Tim ran all the reels/jumps and navigation while I shot footage.
As a side note I have purchased equipment through Florida Underwater Sports with a great experience before, during and after. I will be giving them my future business as well.

Date of experience: February 2016
1  Thank David H
fuse3, Owner at Florida Underwater Sports, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2016

Thanks for the dives and video, had a great time and let us know next time you are coming down. Tim

Reviewed February 5, 2016

I've been to Sarasota on holiday a few times but never dived there because I'd read that diving on the other side of the Florida peninsula would be better. This time I decided to stick closer to home and got in touch with these guys. I'm so pleased I did. I went out on a couple of trips and had such a great time. I couldn't recommend them highly enough. If you're thinking of diving in Sarasota, you have found your place!

Date of experience: January 2016
1  Thank voiceoverelisa
fuse3, Manager at Florida Underwater Sports, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2016

Thanks for the review Elisa and hopefully you had a good trip back! It was great getting to meet you, and hopefully you'll be back soon to dive with us again! We're always glad to take people to new places that may go overlooked and there is plenty more when you return.

Reviewed February 2, 2016 via mobile

I needed to find a place to continue my diving hobby. I've been sport diving for years and normally do it with groups or on vacations. I went to this dive shop because it was close to home and I was impressed by staff when I first walked in. They were friendly and informative. I brought my basic equipment down, minus tanks and weights. We went on a group dive and staff was excellent and safety was #1, which is very important to me. Staff was helpful getting us ready and the dives were excellent and I enjoyed my 1/2 day. Looking forward to some return dives this year, once I get the snow bird renters out!

Date of experience: August 2015
1  Thank 825PaulB825
fuse3, Owner at Florida Underwater Sports, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2016

Hey Paul - glad you had a good time - thanks for the great review, we really appreciate it and if there is ever anything we can do for you, let us know. Greg

Reviewed October 8, 2015

I am a 'would be diver' who had gotten his Open Water and Advanced Water certification last summer up North but hadn't had a chance to actually dive. As such, on a recent trip down to Florida I thought I might go out diving but first wanted to do a scuba review so to build up my confidence and feel secure before going out into the open water. Florida Underwater Sports organized a scuba review with a teacher named Brad Trajnowski who is among other things a professional tech diver. Brad is a great teacher - he really helped me get comfortable and gave me a ton of vital information as well as all manner of small tricks to help me on my dive. I feel that I got more in that session than I did even in my entire advanced open dive. I feel very lucky to have an instructor of that caliber work with me. The folks at the store were also extremely helpful and professional. The store is well stocked and organized. I cannot recommend them any more highly.

Date of experience: October 2015
1  Thank Paul P
fuse3, Manager at Florida Underwater Sports, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2015

Paul,

Thanks again for coming in and we're glad that you had a chance to experience all that our shop has to offer. We are proud to work with very professional instructors who love teaching all levels of SCUBA. Brad was more than happy to work with you, and we're glad he went above and beyond during instruction. We always hope to exceed any expectations, and we're glad you left feeling more comfortable in the water. Come back and dive with us anytime!

Reviewed September 1, 2015

I have now completed 20 dives with Florida Underwater Sports since first meeting them a few months ago. What began as just another casual booking with another local dive shop, has turned into a close bonding experience that I am truly grateful for. After our first dive with Divemaster Jason Coladner, I decided to start the Master Diver Program, the highest level certification for amateur divers. Owners Greg & Tim were most helpful with selecting all the required gear, Chris and Bo continue to be most helpful with questions and bookings, and there has never been an issue with dive boats or Captains. Initially PADI certified in 1970, but considered rusty beyond description, the FL U/W Sports team has renewed my confidence, skills, and abilities, and also provided me hours of fun, relaxation, and enjoyment diving the West coast of Florida. During my program to earn my Specialty Certifications, and with Jason's patience, expertise, and seriousness about safely, I have survived the rigors of diving in such diverse places as a freezing, dark, freshwater sinkhole (Hudson's Grotto), spectacular limestone caverns (Devil's Den & Blue Grotto), Megladon shark's teeth diving (Venice), beautiful artificial reefs with monster Goliath Grouper (M-8), drift diving down crystal clear spring waters (Rainbow River), and treasure hunting in still shallow waters (Anna Maria). I consider Jason to be an enormous asset to the staff, and will continue to use both Jason and Florida Underwater Sports for all my future diving classes, equipment purchases, and diving adventures. As we prepare for the dive of a lifetime November in the Galapagos, I am thankful for all these good folks for restoring my confidence and skills that will certainly make this family vacation a most enjoyable experience.

Date of experience: August 2015
2  Thank Shubunkin1950
fuse3, Manager at Florida Underwater Sports, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2015

Thanks for the kind words Mike! We are happy to hear that you're having a great time with us, and we're lucky to have you around... Its nice that you have the opportunity to spend this time with us and experience all of our excursions and classes. Jason is a great instructor who is always willing to go above and beyond, and we're lucky to have him also. Our main goal is always working with divers to help them gain comfort and confidence in the water. We're glad you are well prepared for your Galapagos trip and hope you have a great time!

Greg, Tim, Bo, Chris