TripAdvisor
Search
Open today: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Seamless trip to Roatan

I've never been on a group dive trip before and this may be hard to beat. All accommodations were... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
JayeM42
Dive trip to Roatan

Amazing dive trip! Well organized and everything was taken care of we just had to show up and... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
jessicastich882

Recommended experiences in and around Sarasota
from $50.00
from $60.00
from $49.00
from $42.00
More Info
All reviews dive shop open water dive master dive trip advanced certification blue heron bridge mayan princess mayan divers deep dive an amazing experience great trip dives gear instructor roatan skills tim
Selected filters
Reviewed January 13, 2015

Florida Underwater Sports is absolutely amazing! I learned so much during my IDC Course, and have no doubt that I will be back diving with them in the future! The staff is so knowledgeable and helpful, as well as caring and supportive. I cannot speak highly enough of them. They really want the best for all their customers, and provide the highest quality of knowledge, education, and support. I will recommend them to everyone I know around the country as the best place to attain any level of diving certification!

Date of experience: January 2015
fuse3, Owner at Florida Underwater Sports, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2015

Jamie - thank you so much for this. You are going to make a great instructor! When you are back, let us know - we will put you to work :-) Fun work, of course! Greg

Reviewed January 5, 2015

My wife and I recently completed our PADI Open Water certification with Florida Underwater Sports. We had a great instructor. He was very knowledgable and conducted a great course. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for dive instruction to hire Brad Trajnowski. The shop on the other hand was just ok. Pricing was on the high side for everything - including the classes. Dive locations were just ok too. Our confined water dives were done in a pool alongside an instructor class with sometimes 15 divers crammed in this little pool while others were still trying to swim. Our first day of open water dives was done from the beach. Low visibility is expected, but there wasn't really anything of interest on the dives. I'm sure there had to have been a better location choice. Our final day of open water diving was from a boat and we went to the Silvertooth reef. Nice dive. My wife and I were told to check FUS's Facebook page for pictures of our class and dive. For the 4 days we were diving (and the following week), they posted nothing but pics of their Instructor Development Course. Kind of made it seem like the shop could care less about us newbies. I emailed asking for photos, and while I know there were several taken because we posed for the camera, they replied back that they only took one photo of us the entire 4 days.

Date of experience: December 2014
fuse3, Owner at Florida Underwater Sports, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2015

Mike,

We apologize for the mixup regarding the pictures. The person taking the pictures was unaware that you were looking for them or that they would be put on Facebook. We have forwarded the pictures from the pool to you via email. Please let us know if there were any others you were expecting and we will try and track them down. We also apologize if you felt crowded at the pool. It is true we had a large class going on at the same time, which is not typical for us.

During your course the weather, mostly wind, drastically impacted which dive sites we could visit. Fortunately the conditions did allow for us to get the boat out on the last day of your course. We hope your able to visit us again and try out one of the other shore sites or charter dives.

Thank you for letting us know what happened and feel free to contact us if there is anything else we can do for you.

Reviewed November 3, 2014

I recently got scuba certified over the weekend and it was the best experience! The instructors were so helpful, friendly and fun to be around. I was a bit nervous at first with some things, but Jason took the time and worked with me until I was completely comfortable. I would definitely recommend going to Florida Underwater Sports!!

Date of experience: November 2014
fuse3, Owner at Florida Underwater Sports, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2014

That is great - we'll be sure to give Jason a fish biscuit :-) Now, let's all get out diving! Greg

Reviewed September 26, 2014

Just got back from a two week trip with Florida Underwater Sports from Palau and Truk. Always a pleasure. Everybody that they pick to go on the trip is super fun to hang out with. Serious divers… 3to4 dives a day, poker at night. They help with the trip planning, flight planning, tell you what to bring, help you with guidance on gear while you are there etc. I would do it again in a second.

Date of experience: September 2014
fuse3, Owner at Florida Underwater Sports, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2014

Thanks for joining us on the trip Steve. It really was exciting and we enjoyed having you guys along. Looking forward to the next adventure (expect for the losing at poker part). Tim

Reviewed August 19, 2014

I recently completed two classes with different members of this center. I had excellent experiences with the different instructors. They were enthusiastic about the profession and making sure we were taught the right way. If they felt someone didn't understand something or the skills weren't demonstrated properly they had the student re do the exercise. I also explained to them that I had travelled to the area to visit family so they knew I was under time constraints t complete the courses. They were more than accommodating. The staff contacted me prior to the beginning of the classes either by email or cell phone. During the second class the instructor student ratio was 1 to 1. I believe I requested a particular class for my travel period and an instructor was scheduled for me to my schedule. Other dive centers I researched have set classes and you have to conform to their schedule. Being a new diver I was able to pick the brains of the different instructors for advice on future classes and as well as on equipment to purchase. There was no sales pressure but just their opinions on different pieces of equipment as week as what classes to take next. My instructor knew I was not from the area and he suggested I purchase the study materials where I lived and then could just complete the dives my next time down. On the last day of my last class there were some weather issues and the boats didn't go out so my instructor contacted me periodically as the weather progressed to give me my options for dive locations. The dive locations changed to what I needed and I was able to get the required dives in. Overall a great experience and I would recommend this dive center to any one.

Date of experience: August 2014
fuse3, Owner at Florida Underwater Sports, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Thank you for the great feedback. I love that we all grow as a community of divers when you have a great experience like this. Keep going - we'll be happy to help you get the training and dives you want. Greg