“Excellent IDC experience”

Florida Underwater Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a full-service, 5 STAR Dive Center minutes from Siesta Key. Our main focus is creating outstanding underwater experiences for beginners and professionals alike. Whether you're trying SCUBA for the first time,training to be a professional, or purchasing snorkel and dive gear, Florida Underwater Sports will make sure your goals are met while maintaining the highest standards. We specialize in all things Scuba and Snorkel related and have a passion for the underwater world!
Sarasota, Florida, United States
“Excellent IDC experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

We recently completed our Instructor Development course with Florida Underwater Sports and had a great experience. The staff was completely supportive, and course director Tim Perrault went above and beyond the call, making himself available 24/7 to teach, encourage, answer our questions and ensure we were ready to instruct. We arrived at the IE completely prepared in every aspect.We are more than satisfied with the result and look forward to working closely with FUSE in the future

jim & nikki.

Visited June 2013
fuse3, Owner at Florida Underwater Sports, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Yes! Now get out there and teach some folks!!!! Thanks for all the fun! Greg

Sarasota, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I started diving almost 20 years ago, then had a long break. When my husband got certified, I did a refresher course that was catered to me. The staff helped check out my gear, get items serviced, and really worked with me to replace items that needed "retired." They spent a lot of time making sure we were getting the best deals and promos available. My husband and I also did our Advanced Open Water with Carl and would recommend it to anyone. We went from "knowing the basics" to being confident divers. Finally, the trips that this store plans are out of this world. We did a weekend trip up to Rainbow River/Crystal Springs that was a ton of fun on the Scuba Bus. We just got back from a fantastic week in Belize with Florida Underwater as well. Great people. Awesome classes and educational opportunities. Definitely check them out!!!

Visited December 2012
fuse3, Owner at Florida Underwater Sports, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Hey guys - we agree the trips are a blast AND it's only just begun....we have so much more in store for you guys. Look forward to diving with you both again real soon! Tim
San Diego, California, United States
“Fantastic IDC!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I recently completed my Instructor Development Course at Florida Underwater Sports and could not have been happier! Because I am not from the Sarasota area, I did much of my course scheduling through emails, which was actually very easy due to all the help and flexibility that Tim and Greg were able to offer. Not only were they able to structure a course around my limited available time, but they also made the many hours in the pool and classroom fun and engaging. The easy access to the pool, really allowed my to work on my SCUBA skills and continuously practice until I was confident in my abilities to perform, evaluate, and teach each skill. Throughout the entire course Tim and Greg were exceptionally helpful in making any additional gear I needed for anything from open water to classroom presentations available for both my IDC and then in my Instructor Exam itself. After my course, I felt very prepared and confident due to the quality of instruction that I had received at Florida Underwater Sports.

Visited January 2013
fuse3, Owner at Florida Underwater Sports, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Awesome! We had a blast as well - can't wait for you to get teaching - you'll make a great instructor! Greg
Oxford, Ohio
“Amazing Instructor Course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I did my Instructor course here and all of the staff was VERY friendly! They were all very knowledgeable and willing to share their experiences and help us grow as dive professionals. The whole course ran smoothly and was the most fun PADI course I have taken thus far. I cannot wait to be back down diving and learning with Florida Underwater Sports!

I highly recommend this dive shop to anyone who is interested in any level of diving! They work well with people of all ages and interest levels! Overall, an amazing experience that I would never trade.

Visited January 2013
fuse3, Owner at Florida Underwater Sports, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thanks Caitlin! We had a great time teaching AND learning from you as well. WE look forward to teaching with you again real soon. You will be an awesome instructor! Tim
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Great dive charter!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

We went on a dive charter through Florida Underwater Sports while visiting family over the holidays. They rented us good quality gear and we had a great dive. Brad, our dive master, gauged our group's comfort and ability very well and helped plan our trip accordingly. Everyone we met from the shop was great- very knowledgeable and personable. I hope to dive with them again next time we visit.

Visited January 2013
fuse3, Owner at Florida Underwater Sports, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Stephanie, we are so glad that you had a wonderful experience. And thank you for the great review. We look forward to diving with you when you get back to Sarasota.

Carl Badgley