“Above and Beyond a typical scuba experience”

Florida Underwater Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a full-service, 5 STAR Dive Center minutes from Siesta Key. Our main focus is creating outstanding underwater experiences for beginners and professionals alike. Whether you're trying SCUBA for the first time,training to be a professional, or purchasing snorkel and dive gear, Florida Underwater Sports will make sure your goals are met while maintaining the highest standards. We specialize in all things Scuba and Snorkel related and have a passion for the underwater world!
Sarasota, Florida, United States
“Above and Beyond a typical scuba experience”
Reviewed December 4, 2011

I've been a Floridian and in love with scuba diving for 2 years now. I have visited all the local dive shops since then, feeding my enthusiasm for the sport and I truly must say that Florida Underwater Sports (FUSE) stands alone, unrivaled for their customer service. I have chosen to complete all my courses through them, up through Rescue Diver and have always learned far beyond the course material due to their staff (ie: tips, tricks, useful knowledge). Tim, one of their Dive masters even took me out for a private gear-trial recently and I got to try out his Scubapro gear, which has now convinced me to convert over to Scubapro.
All in all,from the Staff to the gear they carry, Exceptional!

-Gavin
Sarasota Fl

Visited August 2011
fuse3, Owner at Florida Underwater Sports, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
Gavin! Had a great time on the dive and look forward to many more with you. Glad we could help you out and really excited to see you start the tec course. Let us know if you want to dive anything else and give it a try. Tim

“Excellent PADI referral dives in warm water!”
Reviewed October 18, 2011

We came down to Sarasota from Colorado for vacation and decided to complete our PADI scuba certification open water dives here in Florida. (warmer water, yes please.) The team at Florida underwater sports (or FUSE) were knowledgeable, extremely friendly, and never made us feel intimidated or like the total nerds we really are. They were awesome. highly recommend the whole team.

fuse3, Owner at Florida Underwater Sports, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
Don't forget the seahorses - ho cool was that!! Had a really, really great time diving with you guys. Hope to see you again on your next visit. Tim
Sarasota, Florida, United States
“Best Dive shop and staff in the US!”
Reviewed September 30, 2011

I must say the staff of Florida Underwater Sports go to any length to help you have a great dive experience. Carl, Greg and Tim really know their stuff. If you want to have the best diving around, seek out Florida Underwater Sports in Sarasota.
Their local charters are fun, informative, and cater to every divers level of expertise.
Of course Bo in the dive shop can't be beat, she welcomes everyone with a wonderful smile, and is ready to help you select all your diving needs.
There is only one place to go in Florida for diving,
Florida Underwater Sports of Sarasota.
Thanks everyone for a great experience!
Doug Haviland

ellenton, fl
“wonderful and helpful staff”
Reviewed September 3, 2011

I first went to Florida Underwater Sports March of 2008 (that date was not available in the date selector above) They were just starting out. I have a walking problem and can not walk with my tank and BC on. They helped me get my equipment into the water for my dives. It was wonderful. Since being certified, they have helped me on beach dives ever since. Wonderful people to work with and a great selection of equipment is available in the store. They are excellent instructors. I could not be more pleased with this dive shop. Highly recommend

Visited October 2010
Houston
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“Safe, Fun and Trustworthy - essential qualities to look for in a Diving school!”
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Mom and Dad needed a refresher course (not dived for 16 years!!) and we wanted our kids to qualify as PADI Open Water divers. From the first exchange of e mails it was apparent that these guys know what they are doing - very friendly, professional, flexible etc etc. The pool training is in a great outdoor pool nearby and they know all the best locations for either beach or boat dives. Cannot speak too highly about this crew.