“GREAT Choice AND Value!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Your Points
Ranked #7 of 46 Hotels in Sarasota
Johnston, Rhode Island
“GREAT Choice AND Value!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

My friend and I stayed here for a girl's weekend in June. I can't say enough goods things about our stay!! We had a great room with two double beds, which also had a nice sitting area, refrigerator, granite countertops, VERY comfy beds, a fantastic continental breakfast included with our room that had both hot and cold items, also order off the menu options at all hours (limited but convenient) including Starbucks coffee, updated décor in the common areas, shuttle service within 3 miles of the hotel, pool looked nice although we didn't get there, VERY helpful and friendly staff, no airport noise that I noticed, conveniently located... The area immediately around the hotel isn't that great, so I wouldn't plan on walking around but we easily commuted to and from Lido Beach and Holmes Beach and would be more than happy to do it again the future! Also, the Toasted Mango is not far from here and I would highly recommend it as well! Overall, AWESOME!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank RelocatefromRI
Ashleigh G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Sarasota / Bradenton Airport, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
I am so glad that you choose the Hyatt Place Sarasota Bradenton for your Girl's Weekend! We appreciate all the great comments about our hotel and our staff. We take pride in our hotel and providing our guests with excellent customer service. We look forward to your next trip to Sarasota. By the way, I love Toasted Mango too!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This place gets rave reviews and its no fluke. First of all, the rooms are fantastic. The customer service is excellent. They are helpful and welcoming. The first 2 nights of my stay, the hotel was completely packed, yet they still managed to take care of my needs. The room rate includes breakfast. They provide a fairly continental offering including juices, coffee, milk, pastries, an assortment of cereals, breads, scrambled eggs, muffins, sausages, yogurt and fruits. The eggs are overcooked but, I can be happy with just the fruits. Overall, the place is kept spotless. Who doesn't like a clean room to come back to after spending most of the day at the beach. Okay, the only downside, it's not right on the beach....rather its about 3 miles from the Sarasota bay and total 5 miles from Lido beach. For the price and quality of the room, I honestly cant complain. I stayed at the beach front hotel the last time I visted Sarasota, I paid more than 2.5 X THE PRICE AND IT WAS A DUMP.

Room Tip: Ask for higher rooms on the corner. The walls are thin. You can hear next door ...especially if th...
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank cc m
Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Place Sarasota Bradenton! Your experience is exactly what we strive for here! We take pride in our beautiful hotel and we are happy to know that it shows. We look forward to you staying with us during you next trip to Sarasota.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I've been a Holiday In Express fan, so staying at a Hyatt Place was daunting for me. But this place is great. Room was large, comfortable, and clean. The staff was attentive. It is close to the airport, Ringling Museum, and the drive to the beaches is not bad. I will stay there again and will look to Hyatt Place in the future.

• 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for giving the Hyatt Place brand, especially our hotel a chance. I am thrilled that we exceeded your expectations. Our oversized rooms is one of the many reasons guests love our property. We look forward to your stay with us the next time you visit Sarasota, FL.

Thank you!!
Ashleigh
Bradford, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Very clean hotel with nice size rooms for 2 persons. Free complimentary breakfast was great every morning! Staff was wonderful! Easy drive to beautiful beaches in Bradenton and Sarasota. Computers in lobby, if you don't want to bring your lab top. Did not use pool or hot tub, but many people did. Nice location close to airport and beaches. Hotel rooms were clean and modern. I would highly recommend this hotel. Beds were extremely comfortable along with large sofa couch. Large area for couch and office desk. Large 42" HD TV which you could watch from bed or couch area. Rooms cleaned thoroughly on a daily basis. New washers and dryers located on 2nd & 3rd floors, which we used to do laundry. Nice hotel at a very reasonable price.

Rob G.
Bradford PA

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

This hotel is almost right across the street from the Ringling museum so its perfect if that is what you're coming to see. I called in advance, booked my room and asked to be in a room with firm mattresses and in a quiet location and they were happy to comply. When we checked in, the person behind the desk offered to show us around and pointed out the breakfast room, coffee bar, small business center and the pool/hot tub area. He was very friendly. The hotel decorating is mildly modern... clean, right-angles, but with earth tones. The television is really large, swivels and has a spot for you to plug in an HDMI cable. There is free wifi in all rooms. I really liked my stay. The breakfast is great - very classy, lots of choices, including hot stuff and its included with the room price. everything seemed clean. great place. Oh, the pool and hot tub were very clean and both heated - not large, but nice with pretty trees around them. And the AC unit in the hotel room is the kind that is about knee height, wider than tall... It blows cold air out so efficiently that we had some difficulty regulating the temperature, but its a small detail. I think it was an issue only because we had two beds so one of them was right next to the AC and that person froze. Sarasota tap water is very chlorine flavored so bring bottled water to drink.

Room Tip: You can ask for a quiet room away from elevators, etc. and they will place you accordingly.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Loved the stay in this modern place the room was very comfortable and wonderfully designed ...breakfast was so so but free... great entrance .. Staff was very friendly..Enjoyed this stay a lot and I hope to be back

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank uli1
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

My kids enjoyed this hotel. It was directly across from the airport and while there aren't a ton of places to eat in walking distance, the beach is a very short drive. We went to Siesta Key twice in one day. I was pleasantly surprised by the 24/7 grill in the lobby and the variety of food options. They have cooked-to-order pizza, which my finicky kids loved. The rooms were standard Hyatt Place, but when checking in they realized we had 2 kids and asked if we were interested in 2 beds and a couch---we agreed. The room had a fridge and divider, so when you open the door you can't see if someone is sleeping. I was particularly impressed by the housekeeping staff. We got there as the room was being finished and the housekeeper (didn't speak much English, but was clearly pleased (or amused, lol) when I attempted to communicate in Spanish) was kind and did a great job. There is a pool and exercise room---with free access to Crunch Fitness nearby, as a perk. They welcomed me as a Hyatt Gold member and checked in to see if there was anything else we needed. They even gave us 1pm check out with no hassles. Overall, great stay! We will be back.