“Very Pleased”

Hyatt Place Sarasota / Bradenton Airport
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Sarasota
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Came to Sarasota with the family (two teens) for a quick spring break. The hotel was located about 30 minutes (drive) to Siesta Key Beach; not bad at all. We decided we weren't staying on the beach, so a little drive wasn't a problem.
The staff was extremely, and I mean big time extremely friendly and pleasant. They certainly provide excellent personal service.
The hotel was very clean, rooms were nice, and breakfast was good. The pool was nice, a bit on the smaller side, but we certainly didn't plan to use it much anyway; not with the beaches in the area.
For a family looking to have an affordable "home base" for visiting Sarasota or the Keys, I'd definitely recommend this hotel. They have a shuttle for a 3 mile radius; but there really isn't too much to experience in the direct area...a car rental is essential.
Overall it was a quiet, comfortable hotel with a great staff and good food and drink options.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Sarasota / Bradenton Airport

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt Place Sarasota/Bradenton Airport the night before returning home. The location is convenient to the Sarasota Airport. The hotel is clean and well kept. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are comfortable, the bathroom is somewhat cramped, but works.
The hotel has a breakfast that is included with the cost of the room and is fine.
Overall, the hotel is very nice and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for business travel may times and I am very happy with the cleanliness and service. It is one of the better Hyatt Places that I have seen. I would recommend this hotel when traveling in Sarasota. I travel to Sarasota quite a bit for business and always choose this hotel.

As a side note, on my last trip, I was assigned a room right next to the rear exit door on the first floor. The room was clean and satisfactory as usual HOWEVER, in the middle of the night, I was jolted awake by the folks coming inside the rear entrance. It sounded like they were entering my room. It was LOUD. Then, it seemed like everytime I put my head on the pillow, someone else would come in. The poor is extremly heavy and loud and it clanks everytime it opens and it slams shut. I did meantion to the staff the next morning that they really need to soundproof the rooms and the exit door as I got absolutely no sleep that night. They admitted that the door is loud and mentioned that they would try to make some modifications to it so that no one else experiences that.

This hotel is great and I'll be staying again but I won't accept the room right next to this rear exit door.

Room Tip: Do not accept a room on the first floor next to the rear exit door (very loud).
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Clean, comfortable rooms, quiet, great staff, free breakfast, all for a reasonable price.

Stayed here for the past few years - we run the First Watch Half marathon each March, but also came back for a longer stay in November. We have never been disappointed. Can get to downtown Sarasota, Armond Circle, or travel the other direction towards the Lakewood Ranch area - great restaurants/shops in all directions! The best is flying into Sarasota/Brandenton airport. Hotel is across the street from airport yet no noise from planes.

A great find! You can't go wrong!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
TamalaRussell, General Manager at Hyatt Place Sarasota / Bradenton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Michelle D,

Thank you so much for your kind review. Our goal is to make sure all of our guests have the same experience you do and are delighted that you did. We very much look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Sarasota and thank you so very much for sharing you experience with everyone.

Warmly,

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed here in March 2013 when we visited Sarasota for a wedding. We had a great stay, no real negatives. Rooms were modern and clean, the fitness center was up to date, free breakfast buffet was better than your average hotel breakfast, and the staff were all courteous and helpful. Location is great in terms of the airport (right across the street) and the Ringling Museum (<1 mi). A little farther to get to the beaches/waterfront but still a short drive. The wedding block gave us a great price as well, so can't really comment on the usual value. But would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bethany H
TamalaRussell, General Manager at Hyatt Place Sarasota / Bradenton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Bethany,

Thank you very much for the 5 star review! Hopefully you get to come back again real soon to enjoy Sarasota some more.

Warmly,

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We really loved this hotel. Very convenient area of Bradenton/Sarasota. Our room was huge, incredibly clean and well appointed. Very quiet. We did not hear slamming doors or even people talking in the hallways, so they must have very good sound insulation in this place. The included breakfast every morning was truly excellent and even though there were many people taking advantage, they always had plenty of items and didn't run out. Staff was very professional and warm.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank glenellynguy

Dear Glenellynguy,

Thank you very much for submitting a review of your stay at the Hyatt Place Sarasota. I am thrilled you had a pleasurable stay with us. We are very delighted to hear your kind remarks about our breakfast, guest service staff and with the cleanliness of your room. I will share your wonderful comments with our team. We hope to welcome you back in the future during your next trip to Sarasota.

Best,

Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night after arriving on a late flight. The staff was warm, friendly, and helpful (even drove me the next day without charge to a neighboring hotel for a conference), the free breakfast was amazing, and the room was really big and comfortable and quiet (great bed too!). It is less than 5 miles from downtown, so if you are there with a car it wouldn't be a bad place to stay overall (even if you weren't flying in/out imminently). Near the Ringling Art Musem, which I unfortunately did not have time to see. Not a fancy resort, but a great value. I would definitlely stay there again if I am in town.

• Stayed: March 2013