“Beautiful location, lack of personnel.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sarasota
Crescent Royale Condominiums
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My family stayed at Crescent Royale for the 1st week of July 2012, checking in on Sun 7/1 and departing Sun 7/8.
We reserved units #404 and #408, and my wife, daughter, and I took #404 while my brother in-law and his fiance took #408.
I reserved these units 3-4months in advance. Chevel from Crescent Royale billed me for them over 3 payments that were spread over the

three months leading to our trip. On the last payment, she told me in the email that once payment was made, she would arrange for me

to get the keys for arrival.
The payment was made promptly (the next day I believe) and I didnt hear back from Chevel or anyone down at Crscent Royale.
On the day of our departure, I thought I should give a call down there to make sure someone would be there for us to check in, as we

were arriving at 8pm on a Sunday. I got an answering machine which said the office was closed on Sundays. A litle nervous, I wasnt

going to not get on the plane, so off we went. I left a message on the answering machine asking someone to please call me back and let

me know we would be able to get in that night. I also called them from the airport, as well as again around lunch while on a layover

in Atlanta. Again, I figured we COULDNT be the first people to check in on a Sunday, so we had to be safe.
After landing at 8pm in Bradenton, we grabbed our car and headed to Siesta Key. We arrived at the Crescent Royale around 9pm. We

pulled in and headed for the pool area where the office is located. It was all dark, and there were two guests in the office using the

internet. A nice gentlemen in there helped me out and guided me towards the lockbox where they keep keys for guests checking in after

hours. Unfortunatly, no combonation or key was given to me so I could not access the box. The same gentlemen pointed towards a piece

of paper on the wall advising any late check-ins that were having problems to call the phone number listed. I called, and got a

message similar to the other answering machine at the office. I left a message indicating we were having a problem checking in and

would need assistance. Lef tmy name and cell phone #. We walked around the property in hopes of finding a security gaurd or someone

that could help us, but found nobody.
Having just traveled for 6 hours, we were tired and hungry. We took a ride into the village and got a quick bite to eat in hopes that

someone would call us. After wasting an hour, and no calls, we started planning to go and find a hotel room for our first night of

vacation. At this point I had not left any rude messgaes on the answering machines, just concerned messages as we had a child with us.

It was around 10:30-11:00pm now and the last message I left had something to do with how we were standing out on the street in front

of Crescent Royake with a child and nowhere to go.
I stopped by the Crescent Royale on our way to find a room, and luckily ran into nice gentlemen who was emptying garbage at the

dumpster to the right of the office building. He told me he worked there, and after showing him we were supposed to be checking in, he

opened the lockbox and gave us our keys. I gave him $20 for the help and thanked him about 10 times. We got into our units and

showered and finally got to bed.

Reluctantly, I called the answering machine early the next morning and left a message to let them know that we finally got in the

night before. I imagine they had about 8-10 messages from me at that point. I thought about not calling them to see how they would

react, but that wouldnt be nice.
The next day we started our vacation. I had hoped that they would at least call us to make sure we were alright. Maybe even to

apologize for the inconvenience. Not only did they not call the next day, they never called at all to this day, July 16th.
Thats our experience dealing with Crescent Royale staff, or lack of dealing with them I guess you could call it.

The units we rented were nice and clean and the view was gorgeous from the screened in linai. Both units came with beach chairs, and

out of the four chairs total, only one was usable and even that was rough shape. We ended up buying our own and leaving them with

another family when we were done for the week, a $150 unplanned cost.

Outside of those problems, our stay was great. The pool area is large and clean, and they have gas grills in the pool area for guests

to use which we did.
The beach across the street is Siesta Beach, and it is as nice as people say and deserves it's #1 beach rating. We visit Siesta every

other year and the sand is what keeps us coming back. I will say that it's hard to believe they dont have a crosswalk out front
Its about a 15 minute walk to the village, and there are fre electric taxis and pedi-cabs that will take you back and forth for tips.

I'm giving the Crescent Royale 3 out of 5 stars due to the inconvenience. I understand that booking a condo isn't the same as booking

a hotel room, and I dont expect to waited on by any means. I just expect some kind of follow through on what is expected/advertised,

and was also very surprised that nobody from Crescent Royale even checked in on us to make sure we were alright.

Room Tip: The higher up the better. The first and second floors dont get much of a water view, but floors high...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank BlackrockCT

Reviewed June 23, 2012

We stayed in Unit 400 in June and loved the view from this condo. Great gulf views with Siesta Key Beach directly across the street. Complex was very well maintained. 15 minute walk to Siesta Key Village. Would definitely recommend!

Room Tip: When selecting a condo, be sure to view photos on website as some are more updated than others, and...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Alycatt
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Stayed in Unit 3D which was quite nice. Had carpeting throughout including the screened in porch. Some units are all tile. Condos have a lot of room and one of the biggest screened in porches I have seen. Sliding glass doors can be opened up to include porch in living area and porch/balcony has sliding glass windows to keep out sun and heat if needed. Directly across from public beach, but not in the busy area of the beach. Easy walk across street to beach and was able to come back for lunch and drink refills with no problem. Also onlt 12 minute walk from the Village. We were in a large group with teenage kids and were quite loud at times and no one from condo complex complained. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2012

The room (508) in building 757 is pleasant with a beautiful view of the beach and the Gulf. Even though there is a road between the beach and condo it's just like being on the beach itself. We would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank TheKs42
Reviewed March 14, 2012

This has been a great trip. Love this place. Directly across the street from the public beach. Every morning I have coffee and look out at the ocean. Location is great. Easy walk, bike, or free electric taxi (tips for this service) to the village. Lots of food and bars and shopping. This is a no brainer.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed January 18, 2012

Our condo was the first level of this condo unit and was fine, walked right across the
street to the beach and the pool was right at our back door.
The decore was all newly redone and very clean. Nice people at the pool. You can walk to town too!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Husband and I stayed in 205 which has a completely updated kitchen and bathroom the week of Thanksgiving 2011. If choosing Crescent Royale, be careful -- all units in this complex are independently owned and therefore, differently stocked and decorated. Our key decision point was that this complex was directly across the street from the beach. You could be at waters edge in about 7 minutes....due to the width of the beach, mostly... We were walking distance to town (15 - 20 min?). There is a pool at the complex, but we didn't use it at all the week we were there... (I was a bit disappointed, as I'd read the pool was Olympic sized and that is surely puffery...)

Our one bedroom was very comfortable and very tastefully decorated. The unit, being on the second floor, didn't have a perfect view (higher up would have been better) but the decor won us over. The lanai is huge and perfect for drinking wine and watching the sunset. The unit included beach chairs and a very important beach umbrella. (there is no shade at the beach) There was a small cooler in the unit, towels, the kitchen was wonderfully stocked -- absolutely everything you needed for an awesome weeks vacation.

We went to the local grocery (Publix) after arriving, stocked the fridge (breakfast foods, snacks, beer, wine, rum.... :) and had a perfect week. Eating breakfast and lunch in provided a more economical trip. Our unit included wi-fi, two flat screen tv's and a pull out couch. The biggest 'problems' we had that week was the dissapointment at the size of the pool, and the bed was a bit softer than I would have personally preferred. Other than these two items, which were very particular to us, we had a perfect week. :)

Room Tip: View the different rooms and make sure the one you are booking suits you. Higher up has better view...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank gidget265
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarasota
Tropical Beach Resorts
#1 of 51 in Sarasota
Island House Beach Resort
Island House Beach Resort
#2 of 21 in Sarasota

Been to Crescent Royale Condominiums? Share your experiences!