“Been 5 times - love it!”

Sarasota Jungle Gardens
Ranked #20 of 144 things to do in Sarasota
More attraction details
Owner description: An Old Florida attraction since 1939, Sarasota Jungle Gardens allows visitors to experience things you won't find anywhere else. Feed free-roaming flamingos, watch parrots ride bicycles, catch lemurs at play, stare down a vulture, or pet a skunk. Be sure to visit the Flamingo Cafe for a refreshing lunch or snack. Enjoy one or more of our acclaimed animal shows. Annual events include Holiday Lights, select nights in December, and Jungle Trails and Bunny Tails, every year on Good Friday.
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Lovely fun place and the people who work there are great. Must have been one grumpy exception. My daughter and I loved the flamingo who wanders off. Totally cracked us up.

1  Thank parisusaparis

Reviewed February 5, 2014

My family and I came out and LOVED the sights, setups and animals. my husband and I, however, were very turned off by the overall rudeness off the male zookeeper that was over by the birds. All he did was complain about his job, and how the birds were all spoiled kids. We ended up walking away as he continued to sort of talk to whoever would listen to him complain about working and we went and fed the flamingos instead. The parrot show was really awesome! The other two shows were kind of boring, but other than that, we had a great time!

5  Thank WendyErin
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We really enjoyed our visit, not a huge place but the scenery and animals were beautiful! The parrots talked and they have a reptile show to watch then you can walk along the many pathways through the jungle trees & plants.

2  Thank ephratamyhome
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Went in to the zoo today with my family after a friend recommended it. It's cute and fun!. We saw the reptile show and it was AWESOME. The girl was so funny and made the show so entertaining! My son was talking all about the cool facts from her show for the rest of the day. It was an awesome way to 'disguise' the learning and educational aspect of it, you don't realize how much youre learning because the show is so enjoyable. We then fed the flamingos, which was an awesome treat in itself! My only suggestion is to make all of the shows entertaining! The wildlife show had really cool animals, however, the presenter was quite a bore. My son didn't want to finish the show because he grew bored. We got to pose with a couple of birds and had an all in all great time!

3  Thank Josh H
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We visited the Sarasota Jungle Gardens at the recommendation of a friend. Our group of five included our 2 year old grand-daughter. The facility is well organized, the people are friendly and the birds are magnificent. The 2 year old tends to be a little timid but was quite comfortable with feeding the flamingos. We're glad we visited and had lots of fun.

1  Thank time2unwined