“Fun!”

Sarasota Jungle Gardens
Ranked #46 of 150 things to do in Sarasota
More attraction details
Owner description: An Old Florida attraction since 1939, Sarasota Jungle Gardens allows visitors to experience things you won't find anywhere else. Feed free-roaming flamingos, watch parrots ride bicycles, catch lemurs at play, stare down a vulture, or pet a skunk. Be sure to visit the Flamingo Cafe for a refreshing lunch or snack. Enjoy one or more of our acclaimed animal shows. Annual events include Holiday Lights, select nights in December, and Jungle Trails and Bunny Tails, every year on Good Friday.
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

We visited while on Christmas vacation. I believe we were there on Christmas Eve. They had a beautiful light display throughout. Santa was there and we had pictures taken with the kids on Santa's lap. My daughter held a snake and a crocodile and fed the flamingos. There was a dj and little kids dancing. It was cute. Got a lot of great photos for memories!. Overall no complaints. Fun time.

1  Thank jessrunion626
in 35 reviews
"all ages"
in 34 reviews

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We were in a hurry when we went, so the price was high for us only staying an hour or so.. but, we had a really good time. The ticket was good for the entire day and I felt like if it could keep me busy that long- it would be a good price- but it wouldn't have been able to. It was small, but I did have a good time. You can feed the flamingos and it is a great place for cool photos. I enjoyed my time there even though it wasn't long.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

After visiting family in Port Charlotte my daughter wanted to see alligators and snakes. My family told us about Jungle Gardens and we were excited to go. While paying 35.00 for two adults (my child was free) we regretted it after walking through the door. The place was dirty, smelled horrible (worst then a zoo) old and outdated, and had minimal animals. There was a (ONE) baby alligator and a few snakes in aquariums. It was one of the worst places and reeked of depression. The Flamingos that we bought food to feed were uninterested and looked very sickly. Totally not worth the money spent! Horrible time!

3  Thank Jennifer C
Reviewed December 29, 2013

My husband and I went to the Sarasota Jungle Garden for the afternoon last week and we were very pleasantly surprised. The whole place is beautiful, especially the winding paths through the tropical vegetation. The birds were all free to fly away but they didn't. The parrots' brilliant colors were breathtaking. The bird show was great fun and full of information. Every park employee was friendly and knowledgeable about the animals.