“Small town feel and food in a big town”
Review of Honey Tree Cafe

Honey Tree Cafe
Ranked #215 of 1,144 Restaurants in Sarasota
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I have lived here all my life and only recently found the honey tree. The food is good quality the prices are very reasonable and the staff makes it feel like you are in a small town diner where every one knows you. This is one of my new favorite places.

Reviewed November 18, 2011

this is a great place for "diner" type food, it's very predictable, consistent and good quality.

Reviewed October 16, 2011

A few months ago I was looking online for breakfast restaurants near the Sarasota airport, and found this. We have been going here since - quite a few times. The service is always good, weather table or bar. We like the omelettes, the country fried steak, and my personal favorite - cranberry nut pancakes. Absolutely love them. We haven't found anything yet we don't like, and plan to continue going back!

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Don't get me wrong, this cafe is your standard good Greek Cafe that gives you a good value and usually fast service with a smile. Located off Lockwood Ridge Rd. in the shoping mall on the right after crossing University Ave. (Sweetbay Anchors the plaza).
My friend and I went their on the recommendation of my friend's parents. They have a good menu for both AM and PM hunger pains. The place is simple and unpretentious sort of folksy. Expectations are set as the aroma what is cooking hits your senses.

The 4 times I have been there I have had a good meal at a fair value. One time however, my partner notices her pancakes were not cooked and by the time we got help her eggs got cold as well. We were miffed why we could not get attention to the wait staff, In any event the cashier checked with the owner/manger about our concern and he offered $2.00 off the bill. I was miffed. The cashier was not empowered to provide good customer service and by the mangers actions we were sure he was not interested in making things right and just comp the bad breakfast while I paid for the good one. The place needs to be re-retrained on customer service and the manger needs to get his out of the kitchen and on the floor to learn that his business is not what he believes. Will I give it another chance? Only if I really, really am hungry

1  Thank uforgetaboutit
Reviewed February 28, 2011

We visit Honey Tree or get take out at least once a month, and every time the food has been great. I recommend Honey Tree to anyone in the area.