“Nice restaurant... but”

Ceviche Tapas Bar and Restaurant
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Very nice restaurant ... but the food is very poor ... my fried calamari were over cooked ... almost burned.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Four stories of restaurant. Roof top bar to watch sunset - we had rain, but I could see how nice it could be. The food was phenomenal - each plate they brought out was better than the last. The service was top rate as well. We were well catered to and the place was crowded. That says a lot. The server's knowledge of the menu helped us in choosing and he was right on each time. The pitcher of Sangria was delicious. You must try Ceviche's when you are in Sarasota.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have been there three times recently and the food is great, but the service is really lacking. Enjoy the view and a beverage from the roof top deck, but check out the rest of the place as well.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Went last night for "Tuesday Tapas" - all tapas $4 each plus Sangria $4 and mojitos $6. Went about 7pm and was seated immediately - no waiting yet it was quite busy. Ordered 4 dishes for myself and my wife ordered 4 for her - we ended up sharing and realised we had ordered way too much food. 5 dishes between us would have been more realistic. Food was hot and tasty, my only gripe would be that they all came out at different times but I suppose that is Tapas. We also shared a "tres leches " for desert - that is a must - its like a very light maderia sponge soaked in milk topped with meringue and served with fresh berries - make sure you leave room for this. Service was good and there is a complimentary valet parking which is excellent when it's raining. I will go back however I will order less dishes. Hope you all enjoy.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I went with my fiance and his sister and we all ordered a few plates. Everything was really delicious. We also got a pitcher of sangria and it was very good. The price was not bad either for what you get. Fresh, tasty food and a nice atmosphere. We had everything from seafood to lamb to steak to vegetarian and it was all good.