“Shopping and people watching”
Review of St. Armands Circle

St. Armands Circle
Ranked #1 of 70 Shopping in Sarasota
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A unique island shopping experience with over 140 upscale shops, boutiques, art galleries and award winning restaurants set amidst lush tropical landscaping, antique statuary, courtyards and patios. Art festivals, classic car shows, family-friendly Halloween event and a spectacular holiday display add to the excitement.
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I Love St. Armands circle - walking distance from Lido Beach. Whether you are looking to have lunch/ or dinner or just a cup of coffee, an ice cream, the circle has a lot of choices - Another favorite is shopping, something for everyone - goodies for yourself or someone else, St. Armand circle has it all - Pet friendly !

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

There are many unique shops and restaurants in a quaint setting. You will get plenty of exercise going from shop to shop. When you are done shopping and dining you can take a quick stroll to Lido Beach.

2  Thank pa s
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This use to be where the richest people in the United States lived , and wanted to visit. We have been going there since 1986 , and it is not the same anymore. Many of our favorite restaurants closed for what reasons , I do not know. I guess it is an expensive shopping day for the women only. The one event that people may like , is the art exhibit during certain times of the year.

2  Thank Gmanaka1
Reviewed June 30, 2014

First, let me say that I think St. Armands Circle is one of the best kept secrets of Sarasota. I have lived in SW Florida for almost 30 years, and this was my first experience with St. Armands Circle. While the area did have the usual "touristy" shops, bars, and restaurants, the quaintness and "town square" feel was lovely. However, as awesome as St. Arman's Circle is, by the time I left, I was completely stressed out and frustrated.

Let me premise by saying that my mom is 72 and has Parkinson's Disease. We brought her to the beach for Mother's Day weekend. After a day at the beach, we decided to go to the circle for dinner. Although it wasn't too far to walk from our hotel, we drove because my mom gets tired easily, and after a day at the beach, she was running on empty. Imagine my surprise when there wasn't a handicapped parking spot in sight on the actual circle, or even a place to pull over and let my mom out. We eventually did find a handicapped spot, but it was SO far from the circle, that there was no way my mom could walk that distance. Compound that with the fact that the circle was extremely busy, (so it was really difficult to navigate) and we couldn't find a restaurant with less than an hour wait, after leading my mom around for an hour looking for a restaurant...any restaurant, we gave up and went back to the hotel and ordered a pizza.

Had it just been my husband and me, I'm sure that I would have had a much better experience, but since my mom's disease has progressed, I have really had my eyes opened to the lack of accommodations for people with disabilities. I was shocked at the absence of convenient/accessible handicapped parking for such a busy area (especially one that hosts a large retired population). And I admit that lack of planning contributed to not finding a restaurant, but I truthfully didn't think that we would have so much difficulty finding a place to eat for 4 people at 5:30 p.m. Lesson learned.

So, if you go to St. Armand's Circle, enjoy the lovely atmosphere, but be sure to make dinner reservations, and plan to walk...even if you find a handicapped space.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay in Sarosota FL. We loved all the shops, bars and cafe's in the circle. Lots of good places to eat too. It's been a while since we have been there, maybe 20 years, but loved the little town.