“Delicious Jager Schnitzel and Red cabbage.”

Heinrich's German Grill
Ranked #28 of 1,079 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: German
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are family operated restaurant, serving German food fresh from scratch on the base of the own family recipes . Diner hours are 5:00-9:30 Tuesday-Saturday. Reservations are recommended.
Reviewed July 7, 2014

The jager schnitzel is a generous portion. The red cabbage is the best I've had. Very good wine selection with the Gertswammer being my favorite

1  Thank Janiceboo

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Excellent food... Excellent service...will be back ....great German food after a day at Ringling
Loved the liver wurst potato pancakes

1  Thank Colette W
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I lived in Germany for 6 years and needed a nice reflection of the food. I ordered the Leberkase. I was good, the homemade Spatzle was spot on. I thought the price was little high, but portions were big. I would like to have had a smaller portion so I could have tasted more on the menu. I would rated the restaurant higher, but the service was just okay. It almost seemed as if they were bothered to have to wait on the 6 people in the restaurant.

2  Thank EatLocalBuyLocal
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We stopped by this restaurant on our way out of town after visiting the Ringling complex. We love German food -- my wife was born and raised in Germany -- and we read the positive online reviews. When we arrived, however, we almost changed our minds. Heinrich's is a small restaurant in a strip mall near a Walmart -- sandwiched between a Little Caesar's and a Subway. This almost screams "lousy food." But, against our better judgment, we gave it a try -- and it was terrific. Everything -- our salads, my wife's Jagerschnitzel, my Sauerbraten, all of our sides -- was authentic and delicious. One of the best German meals that we've had in years.

1  Thank PJSUSDJ
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Always excellent food if you like German cuisine. Not for the diet or cholesterol conscious.

The portions are very generous and extremely tasty and priced accordingly. Reservations are recommended for weekends and holidays as there are approximately 12 dining tables plus seating at the bar. Not being a beer drinker and only an occasional wine drinker I cannot comment on the extensiveness of the bar selections.

AS each meal is cooked to order be prepared for a leisurely dinner experience and nobody rushes you throughout the evening. I like them for New Years Eve because it's their regular menu at
regular prices. Too many restaurants jack up their menu prices for special occasions and I find the quality of the food sometimes suffers as well. But I digress.

Try Heinrich's, you'll like it.

1  Thank Howard G