“Excellent food, excellent beer!”

Heinrich's German Grill
Ranked #31 of 1,050 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: German
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Open for Dinner: TUESDAY - SATURDAY 5:00-CLOSE . Serving traditional german home made food, fresh from scratch
Reviewed June 8, 2013

From the outside amidst the old plaza it doesn't seem like much; the depth of the facility is hidden by the outside view and the bar is a pleasant surprise upon entry. I'd passed by many times and been curious. A rainy day brought me in for a few beers and I immediately liked the place. The draft beer, from what I remember, is a selection of five German beers. I particularly recommend the dunkel -- and if you are thirsty, they have liters (or, for the truly thirsty, colossal glass boots) to accommodate you.

I always pay attention to the staff in any place I dine, and everyone there looked hard-working, friendly and content. If you are looking for a good -- but not too expensive -- German (or European) restaurant, I rate it a first choice.

4  Thank Theodore B
There are newer reviews for Heinrich's German Grill

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Having lived in Germany in the late 80's, we regularly pine for our favorite German dishes here in Florida. Finding Heinrich's in our backyard has been a wonderful surprise! We have been twice and both times the food and the service has been exceptional. First time we had the night's special, SchweinHaxe (fall-off-the-bone tender!) with red cabbage and German fried potatoes with onions. Second time we went for our favorite Schnitzels - Jaeger and Vienna styles - perfect! Sides of sauerkraut, salad and red cabbage were top notch. Finished it off with a shared slice of Black Forest Cake - yum! The dark German beer was superb. The experience brought back lots of happy memories. We'll be back!

4  Thank SmokyMountainCats
Reviewed June 1, 2013

the meals are the best I have ever had at a reasonably price and in a pleasant decor. They are all home made cooking which beats chain restaurants by miles in health and quality. One can not describe this, it must be experienced. And the beer? Wow I love German beer. Its the best.

3  Thank RetiredSarasota
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Heinrich's is by far the best German food in the Tampa Bay area. The food is excellent, and the service is even better. Excellent specials, and an wonderful selection of beers.
While we go there every chance we get, we recently brought our daughter in for her 21st birthday. The staff could not have been more welcoming and or treated us any better.
I can recommend Heinrich's highly enough! Be sure to try Das Boot!

3  Thank steve h
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Great place and service!! We loved the specials and das boot!! Food was priced appropriate and the owner came around to speak with each customer!

4  Thank Roxy2107