“They charged me for not staying there”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Ramada Sarasota

Ramada Sarasota
Ranked #36 of 49 Hotels in Sarasota
New York City, New York
“They charged me for not staying there”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

I forgot my id yet they still charged my credit card after not letting me stay there. The night manager was also very rude. I had to go to the Courtyard by Marriott 5 miles north and they were very nice... nothing like having to pay for two places in a given night. The place also looked like a dump so I guess it wasn't all bad that I got to stay in a nicer place. Would not recommend.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
12 Thank liquid0623
GMRamadaSarasota, General Manager at Ramada Sarasota, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Dear Guest,
All guests are required to provide proof of identification upon check in. I do apologize for any miscommunication. I will personally look into this matter myself.
Ramada Waterfront

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
titusville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

the room was very nice . the tiki bar was alot of fun. location was very good. price was good for what you get. staff was very friendly and helpful. will definantly come back here. location is close to everything you need.

Room Tip: if you can get a room that os on back side of hotel then your looking at the boats.....
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for mentioning our convenient location. Our Hotel has become a very popular weekend getaway. We thank you for your kind review and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

This is one of the nicer Ramada's that I have stayed in. Everything seemed to be in good clean condition. Its on a waterfront facing the marina which I thought was pretty cool. Rooms and the lobby are in good condition. The location is close to the airport but it is slightly outside of Sarasota, north on the US 41. The person at the counter, Olivia, was really helpful and friendly. They have a couple computers in the lobby with a printer to print out your boarding pass.

Wireless internet for free. Waffle maker in the continental breakfast room.

You have to get a room on the waterfront side (odd numbered rooms) to get a patio or balcony. Balcony on the second floor is very narrow, maybe 4-5 feet wide, while a full patio space is available on the ground floor. I would definitely come back again and ask for a odd numbered room on the main level.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the marina. For those of you that like a beer or four on the patio, get a main...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We value all of our guest feedback. We appreciate your kind words. We are happy your stay with us was a pleasant one. We will look forward to seeing you again real soon.
Lantana, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

Our room was close to the marina, the pool, and the outdoor restaurants. It was great. We also enjoyed meeting travelers from Europe and parts of the U.S. Live music was a wonderful addition to the ambiance. Our room was newly refurbished. We need another chair, and it was immediately brought. Would return in a heart beat.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
GMRamadaSarasota, General Manager at Ramada Sarasota, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Dear Guest: I would like to thank you for taking time from your schedule to write a review. Also we were so pleased to hear that your stay with us was a great experience. We will certainly look forward to having you stay with us again.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

Ramada name and price for a motel. Room was clean and better than the others I've been to but the front lobby and layout of the hotel reminded me of a motel. Breakfast was really good with waffle machine. Location was nothing special kind of on a main business highway. Overall decent hotel for $80.

• Stayed April 2012
5 Thank Paullgood
Dear Guest: Thank you for taking time from your schedule to write a review about our hotel. I would like to thank you for mentioning how reasonable our rates are for a full service Hotel. Also glad to hear you enjoyed our complementary breakfast. We will look forward to seeing you again.
palm beach gardens
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

I am very much appreciative to the staff and particularly the manager as well as Olivia.I stupidly left my Ipad in my room when I checked out.Not only did housekeeping bring it to the manager but he kept it in private quarters until arrangements could be made to have it to me.Olivia was very helpful in making arrangements for its return.
Thanks for your efforts
Larry Mazonson

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest: Thank you for being a guest at our Hotel. I do appreciate you mentioning our honest staff. We are happy everything worked out fine for you. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Vinton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

I stayed here while on a trip to take in Spring Training baseball games. We only stayed one night, but were pleased with the service, price, and value provided. While we didn't take advantage of some of the amenities offered, the room was clean, the hotel was quiet, and the staff was very knowledgeable. The complimentary breakfast was also nice with a waffle station being a nice addition to the classic cereals, pastries, etc. My group consisted of all adults on a "pleasure" trip, but I certainly feel this would also be a fine establishment for business travelers or families.

Room Tip: Some rooms are "water view" but that usually costs a bit more. If you're interested...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tiffany R
GMRamadaSarasota, General Manager at Ramada Sarasota, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Dear valued guest: I would like to thank you for taking the time from your schedule to write a review for our hotel. We are very pleased to hear your stay was enjoyable. We hope that you will visit us again soon.