“Four Tops and Temptations Concert”

Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall
Ranked #41 of 144 things to do in Sarasota
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The City of Sarasota's landmark Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall has been entertaining audiences with a variety of Broadway, orchestra, classical, music, dance, theater and comedy for more than 45 years.
Reviewed March 24, 2013

It was great to see these two iconic groups in concert. The band was great and so was the "foot work" of the groups.

The sound system, however, was terrible as the instruments and vocals over drove the amps and gave no possibility to enjoy the harmonies of the groups. What a shame. Either the sound manager or the house speakers need replacing.

This was my first event there and I will not bother trying for any more of the groups that are large and know for their volume and performance.

On another point; how can that theatre be allowed to have no center isle? It is a safety hazard!

1  Thank NicheAssociates
There are newer reviews for Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We went to see the Four Tops and the Temptations last night. Whoever is in charge of the sound system did a very poor job..........not sure if it VanW. or the entertainers' crew. What a disappointment. The background music was so loud it drowned out the beautiful harmony of these groups. Often times the speakers were over driven and you couldn't hear anything but noise. It was great to see these two groups in person. Other than that, it was a flop.

(An aside.........how does VanW get away with NO middle aisle????....a fire hazard as well as a pain to crawl over so many people.)

4  Thank sandrajay92
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have seen a couple of musicals here and I have not been impressed. They were decent, but not the quality expected of that venue.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We went list night to the Van Wezel to see Pirate's of Penzance. It was the NYC Gilbert and Sullivan group touring and they were only playing one night. I've never gone to the Van Wezel before when we've visited Sarasota (we come at least once a year). I have to say we had a wonderful time.
I thought the acoustics were really good in the auditorium and the show wonderful. A nice new adventure for our trip!

1  Thank Rebecca G
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Went to Les Misberables last night. I have to say I have always found the fact that there is no centre access aisle odd, but people were still allowed to stumble in 40 minutes into the performance using cell phones as flashlights. I spent most of the first act bobbing up and down.
Please enact a strict "curtain up" policy!

4  Thank SWFLGuest