“Family loves this beach”
Review of Lido Beach

Lido Beach
Ranked #10 of 118 Outdoor Activities in Sarasota
Reviewed October 3, 2013

What more can anyone ask for. The water is blue green, the views are spectacular, there is always a chance to see some sort of aquatic wildlife, the sand is always soft and comfortable and most of the time there are no crowds to deal with. Two places my family likes the most is Lido Beach area and the Florida Keys.

1  Thank jakemy
Write a ReviewReviews (1,029)

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We visited Lido Beach at the end of a period of large rain fall. The water wasn't very clear and they were a lot of standing waters, which attracted a lot of birds and something that bit me. That being said, it was a nice beach and I could see the potential when the water settles. There was ample parking.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We parked in St. Armands Circle and walked to the beach to watch the sunset. The sand isn't quite the powdery kind that you'll find on Siesta Key, but it's close. And being compacted, it's easy to walk on if you have a disability like I have. Walking is a chore for me, but we wanted to see the sunset so I convinced my wife to give it a go. I found I could easily walk to the water's edge with the help of my cane and it wasn't half as bad as the treks I've made across the sand on the beaches at the Jersey Shore.

The beach wasn't crowded (it was a Friday night) and we enjoyed watching the sun dip below the horizon. We also enjoyed the cleanliness of the beach and the clarity of the water; something we're not that used to up here in New Jersey!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

A great beach with lots to do in the area. The beach was clean and we saw different birds, I even saw a dolphin swimming along side my husband.
We stayed at a hotel on the beach and it was a wonderful location. We could walk to St. Armand's or drive if we wanted to go a bit father.

1  Thank Beachlizs
Reviewed September 3, 2013

An amazing beach with a typre of sand I have never felt before. It is so smooth and soft to the touch that it is almost like powder. The water was fantastic: clean and neat. Beach chairs were for rent but get there early. The snack bar was reasonably priced and offered a wide array of choices. You cannot go wrong at this location.