“A little camping trip”

and up
3-Hour Small Group Mysteries of Native Florida Hike
Ranked #7 of 143 things to do in Sarasota
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the original Civilian Conservation Corps parks.
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I thought the new camping area was Great. Clean and nicely updated. Tree Frogs galore! I had a nice run along the roads around the lake. I didnt get onto much of the trails the ones we tried for were flooded. great little shop at the lake. BEER!! Wish I had known that sooner! Didnt visit until sunday morning. would have been great saturday afternoon while watching a sunset. The pier out onto the water near the north end o fthe park was a great place to picnic dinner and watch the sunset. Nice for picture taking too. Also the tower was neat but flooded path made it hard to get to. Lots of deer, wild turkeys, gators in the water, and shore birds. i really like this park and plan on going hiking here in the winter/ spring. Hoping for less mosquitos at sundown.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I had a few hours after my business day ended and my flight left. This was the perfect place to get a feel of real Florida. Scenic, wildlife, peaceful -- it was a great visit.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Nature is present and visible for all to see. Alligators everywhere with close ups on a fabulous cruise boat.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We have been coming to myakka st park for the past 10 years,and this was the worst experience we have had to-date.The airboat ride was very poor we normally go completely around the lake,on this occasion we did not,also the guide was not very good,missing various birds .what are they to do save money on fuel costs for the airboat?

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Such a nice way to spend the afternoon out and about with nature. You can drive thru the park or get out of your car and walk around, as well as camp, boat, and simply enjoy the day.

2  Thank Betty19